Field Program Manager
Shift5 is the observability platform for onboard operational technology (OT). We’re a rapidly growing scale-up that specializes in cybersecurity, predictive maintenance, and compliance for operational technology (OT) systems across Defense, aerospace, and rail. We are a collaborative, passionate, and driven cadre of dynamic, multidisciplinary experts and we’re focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by accessing and democratizing the volumes of onboard OT data generated by transportation and freight fleets, and defense fleets and weapon systems. Come join us.
Shift5 is looking for a full-time Field Program Manager to manage the execution of multiple engagements in order to deliver successful customer outcomes on-budget and on-time. Success in this position will require a high-energy professional who is well versed in contract documentation, resource leveling, on-site execution and delivery to requirements. This role is perfect for someone who has succeeded in field operations and small team customer engagements for technology delivery and operationalization and desires to grow in a high-energy startup environment.
We're looking for creative, passionate, hard-working, and lateral thinkers. We tackle hard problems head-on in an inclusive, and highly collaborative environment. If you demonstrate potential and a desire to learn about cybersecurity, maintenance, and data, we’d like to hear from you.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Provide leadership and direction to orchestrate the overall delivery of high complexity, customer engagements
- Steer the customer through deliverables and details while keeping the ultimate customer business outcome as the primary goal
- Show proven capability to foster and cultivate successful relationships with senior executive stakeholders while managing expectations and achieving successful outcomes
- Partner with Shift5 account teams to drive successful customer engagements through the management and delivery of proposals, statements of work and other contractual documentation
- Orchestrate the delivery ecosystem across a varied environment of technology and partners, connecting cross-functional, and virtual project teams to deliver a successful program
- Manages and facilitates customer problem and solution escalation process, serving as a liaison with Shift5 Senior Leadership to ensure effective resolution
- Learn the breadth and depth of Shift5 resources, organizations and people so that you can engage them as necessary to help close business and see customers through to full operationalization of Shift5 technologies
- Continually demonstrate a growth mindset, acquiring new skills while maintaining your development and adaptability
- Preferred higher education (BS or MS in related field or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of program management and/or related field experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting development and/or deployment of complex government and private sector systems or networks Professional Project/Program Management Accreditation (PMP Preferred)
- Experience working with the US Government, defense, or the intelligence community
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide vision and direction in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced, and diverse environment
- Ability to effectively drive business & technical conversations with consultants, engineers, partners & customers
- Strategic mindset with proven capability to translate strategy to tactical execution
- Strong analytical skills, combined with a strategic orientation, as well as an aptitude for solving complex business problems
- Experience managing projects with multiple work streams and partners; demonstrated strategic planning abilities
- End-to-end ownership of commitments with the ability to break down ambiguous problems
- Availability to travel 35% during regular business, with the potential to increase to 50% as needed
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possess or able to obtain a security clearance if sponsored
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.