Account Executive, Army
Shift5 is the observability platform for onboard operational technology (OT). We’re a rapidly growing scale-up that specializes in cybersecurity, predictive maintenance, and compliance for operational technology (OT) systems across Defense, aerospace, and rail. We are a collaborative, passionate, and driven cadre of dynamic, multidisciplinary experts and we’re focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by accessing and democratizing the volumes of onboard OT data generated by transportation and freight fleets, and defense fleets and weapon systems. Come join us.
Shift5 is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven, and experienced enterprise sales executive interested in helping our Armed Forces defend national infrastructure, weapons platforms and operational threat (OT) systems from malicious attackers. In this role, your primary focus will be introducing Shift5’s product capabilities and value to potential clients within the U.S. Army. You’ll match our capabilities and strengths to clients' needs, and help our partners and clients understand our product’s ability to identify, detect and prevent threats from the most advanced attackers in the world. As our Account Executive, Army, you will report directly to our Vice President of Federal and work across our sales and product team to meet (or exceed) sales goals and client requirements.
We’re looking for someone with executive level contacts in the U.S. Army weapons systems community (program offices for land and air) who can craft an engagement strategy and drive opportunities within the space. Someone who embraces uncertainty, thrives in the unknown and views incomplete information as an opportunity. You must be self motivated, impact driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and innovative at building internal relationships and external partnerships to attack the market with passion.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Serve as the primary sales lead for customers within the U.S. Army
- Identify, develop and execute account strategy to close new business opportunities and expand sales with clients across the U.S. Army
- Meet (or exceed) revenue quota targets
- Target, build and maintain relationships with key decision makers in the assigned territory
- Engage and collaborate effectively with other areas of the business (Field Engineering, Product Development, Marketing, Operations) to create visibility with target accounts and drive engagement of target prospects at both the individual contributor and executive level
- Work cooperatively with system integrators and other key partners to leverage their established account presence and relationships
- Capture, maintain, and disseminate accurate and relevant prospect information to Shift5 colleagues
We’re looking for someone who is/has:
- 5-7 years of technology sales experience, specifically selling software security and/or infrastructure security products to corporate enterprises
- Demonstrated experience forecasting sales, managing sales expenses and successfully closing new business
- Built and expanded business opportunities as an individual contributor as a member of a team member
- Demonstrated experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques
- Experience with U.S. Army weapons systems requirements, deployment, and procurement activities.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain swift resolution.
- Strong understanding of Cybersecurity technologies and competitive offerings in the marketplace.
- An effective communicator with the ability to explain complicated concepts to a variety of audiences and skill levels
- Outstanding presentation, written, verbal and closing skills
- Exceptional time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to work remotely and able and willing to travel on short notice, up to 50% of the time
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.