Office Operations Manager, HQ
Shift5 is the observability platform for onboard operational technology (OT). We’re a rapidly growing scale-up that specializes in cybersecurity, predictive maintenance, and compliance for operational technology (OT) systems across Defense, aerospace, maritime, and rail. We are a collaborative, passionate, and driven cadre of dynamic, multidisciplinary experts and we’re focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by accessing and democratizing the volumes of onboard data generated by transportation and freight fleets, and defense fleets and weapon systems. Come join us.
Shift5 is looking for an Operations Manager to join our growing team in Rosslyn, VA. As Shift5’s Operations Manager, you’re our daily front office greeter, building & facilities guru, events planner, employee supporter, office culture champion, and administrative wizard. You’ll own and drive a wide range of day-to-day operations and office management tasks. You’ll promote efficiency and ensure a top-notch employee experience. This includes developing office management protocols, automating and streamlining administrative processes, managing, and coordinating with vendors, and much more. Reporting directly to the Head of Talent, you’ll work closely with the operations team, department heads and colleagues across the company to ensure the daily flow of office and company operations stays on track. This is an onsite position where the operations manager is expected to be in the office during normal business hours (9:00am – 5:00pm). No two days will look alike and no task is too small. The ideal candidate is a collaborator, proactive problem solver and holds themselves to the highest bar for execution.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Oversee day-to-day general office operations which includes cross-functional coordination and logistics with Security, IT, HR, leadership, employees, and visitors.
- Own the office environment by managing vendors and contractors, coordinating food service, and anticipating office related needs before they arises. You’ll be responsible for maintaining a clean, professional, well-stocked, functional office environment, including our kitchens and common areas, to include communicating frequently with facility management on any office repairs and maintenance needs.
- Take ownership of all office related projects including new office space set-up, furniture purchase and other ad hoc office management tasks.
- Work collaboratively with office security to ensure colleagues and visitors comply with visitor requests and other security related policies.
- Coordinate and prioritize tasks, ensuring deadlines are met and resources are allocated effectively.
- Own the localized onboarding experience in terms of welcoming new hires, providing first day office tours, and logistical setup of desks and welcome swag.
- Own the logistics and execution of company events hosted in the office, to include company sponsored culture events, on-site conferences, and team meetings, and VIP meetings.
- Respond to co-worker and leadership team inquiries about anything and everything office and operations related - you are at the center of office and company operations!
- Promote and create an inviting and friendly office environment, you are an ambassador and steward of Shift5’s culture.
- Manage the tracking and submission of expenses and reports for any office and operations related items.
- Responsible for ensuring facilities are kept in excellent condition and align with all policies.
- Assist in other ad hoc projects as needed and requested.
- 2-3 years of office management/executive assistant experience in consulting firm or tech business.
- You’re both high ownership and low ego, approaching everything with strong outcome orientation and high humility.
- You are naturally self-directed, motivated, and resourceful with a focus on operational excellence.
- You’re approachable and welcoming with an enthusiasm for new tasks and challenges
- You love solving complex, ambiguous, cross-functional problems and communicate them in a people-centric way, both verbally and written.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills.
- You are technologically proficient in Microsoft applications, Slack, document management tools and other relevant technologies.
- U.S. citizenship required
This role is not able to work from home.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.