Shift5 is seeking a full-time Analytics Engineer to conduct full lifecycle data analysis to include requirements definition and digging into large data sets. In this role you will be responsible for building data models across data sources that are customer and industry specific. These models will be leveraged by our Data Analysts and other organizations throughout the company. You will operate in a team-based environment with Field Engineers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Sales Account Managers. Successful candidates for this position will have a bias toward action and enjoy building a clean data repository with an accompanied documentation solution that clearly describes the lineage and catalog. If you are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive customer value creation, we’d love to hear from you!
Shift5 is a rapidly growing early-stage cybersecurity startup. We specialize in data collection, insights and cybersecurity technology for a wide variety of operational systems. To put it simply, we defend planes, trains and tanks from cyberattack. We are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right above the wheels. Come join us.
In this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Perform exploratory data analysis for large and complex data sets to provide a domain model to leadership and stakeholders
- Build automated analytics data pipelines on top of Shift5 data platform to produce reusable data products using engineering best practices
- Use data to provide value to stakeholders by providing analytics to support strategic and tactical objectives
- Maintain data documentation and train stakeholders on the data domain
We’re looking for someone who is/has:
- 3-5 years of experience as an Analytics Engineer or in a similar role
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, MIS, or equivalent practical experience required
- Strong SQL experience as well as Python
- Proficiency with creating data products from raw data via analytics engineering best practices in a modern data stack
- Experience integrating api-based services and software into data pipeline
- Demonstrated ability to communicate stakeholders' needs and convert into actionable insights
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented culture, delivering a significant individual contribution while collaborating with and strengthening teammates
- Must be able to work with remotely distributed teams and should expect up to 30% travel to attend customer on-site visits, internal team travel, and one-off events.
- US Citizenship
- Active (or ability to hold/obtain) a US Government Top Secret security clearance
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.