Senior DevOps Engineer
Shift5 is seeking a full-time Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will streamline our software development life cycle from implementation to monitoring and maintenance in production. You’ll incorporate automation and cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the team’s developers to do what they do best – innovate. You’ll implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting.
Shift5 is a rapidly growing early-stage cybersecurity startup. We specialize in data collection, insights and cybersecurity technology for a wide variety of operational systems. To put it simply, we defend planes, trains and tanks from cyberattack. We are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right above the wheels. Come join us.
In this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Build, monitor and improve existing CICD pipelines
- Implement automation, perform maintenance, and extension of build systems
- Collaborate with software development teams to automate product development and QA processes
- Develop and document automation tools to enhance existing infrastructure
- Iterate on best practices to increase quality and velocity of deployments
- Support enterprise Cloud Native applications and infrastructure
- Debug and fix build-related bugs
- Utilize various AWS services (EKS, SSM, SQS, S3, etc.)
- Build and maintain third-party packages
- Support source code management and developer infrastructure
We’re looking for someone who is/has:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of experience in software development
- Ability to work independently in a challenging environment
- Deep and extensive understanding of cloud native architectures, web, http, networking, tcp/ip
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes, Containers, Cloud Native BuildPacks, Docker
- Excellent understanding of Linux, macOS and Windows operating systems
- Experience with build/automation systems like Tekton, Terraform
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, C++, Bash/Shell
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Ability to configure computer hardware such as rackmount servers, Single-Board Computers (SBCs), and IoT devices
- Ability to use git, specifically GitHub, for configuration management.
- Active (or ability to hold/obtain) a US Government Top Secret security clearance
- This role in on-site in our Rosslyn, VA office
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.