Shift5 is hiring several full time Field Engineers to join our growing team. We’re seeking talented engineers at all experience levels - from just out of college to seasoned masters - who have a passion for cybersecurity, technology development, and exceptional customer service delivery.
In this role, you’ll become a subject matter expert in the vehicles and weapon systems used by our DoD and commercial customers. You’ll develop an expertise in the decomposition of the onboard systems and the fielding of Shift5 technologies onto those systems for the purposes of proof of concept and production deployment. You’ll also be responsible for the critical role of developing engineered solutions to incredibly complex and difficult problems that require you to think on your feet and work quickly as part of a team of fellow engineers, program managers and sales professionals.
An excellent candidate will have outstanding written and spoken communication skills and excels under pressure, be it environmental or situational. You’ll be as comfortable crawling around in the belly of an un-air-conditioned aircraft on a tarmac as you are delivering a technical presentation to a CISO. A fundamental knowledge of real time communication protocols, serial bus messaging and a deep knowledge of cybersecurity is a must. You’ll also have a passion for all things data and that magical feeling you get when you turn raw data into actionable insight. Someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously and is known for bringing calm to chaos while working through the most complex technology challenges will find themselves very comfortable on the team. If this sounds like you, drop us a line because we’d love to hear from you.
Shift5 is a rapidly growing data and cybersecurity scale-up. We specialize in capturing and analyzing serial bus data in real time, providing anomaly detection and operational intelligence required to act. Our insights provide real-time alerting and historical trends to assure mission readiness and cyber survivability, and our innovative technology enables military systems to deter adversaries, protect warfighters, and maintain their competitive edge. We are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary, and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right about the wheels. Come join us.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Provide leadership and direction to orchestrate the overall delivery of Shift5's products in highly complex customer environments
- Understand the Shift5 technology stack and successfully deploy it in support of PoC and production installations
- Steer the customer to successful business outcomes
- Foster and manage successful relationships with senior executive stakeholders, managing expectations, and achieving successful outcomes
- Partner with Shift5 account teams as the technical voice of authority for the customer to drive successful engagements
- Orchestrate the delivery ecosystem across a varied environment of technology and partners, connecting cross-functional, and virtual project teams to deliver a successful program
- Manage and facilitate customer problems and solution escalation, serving as a liaison with Shift5 Senior Leadership to ensure effective resolution
- Learn the breadth and depth of Shift5 resources, organizations and people, engaging them as necessary to help close business and see customers through to full operationalization of Shift5 technologies
- Continually demonstrate a growth mindset, acquiring new skills while maintaining your development and adaptability
- Travel up to 40% in the U.S. required for this role
We're looking for someone who is/has:
- Higher education preferred (Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience)
- Related field engineering experience
- Experience supporting the development and/or deployment of complex government and private sector systems or networks
- A mastery of several of the following;
- OS container technologies
- Networking and serial communication protocols
- Network and device security concepts
- Data analysis
- Electrical engineering or electronics technologies
- Automating out tedious and repetitive tasks with brilliant scripting
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide vision and direction in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced, and diverse environment
- Ability to effectively drive business & technical conversations with consultants, engineers, partners & customers
- Experience working with the US Government, defense, or the intelligence community
- Strategic mindset with proven capability to translate strategy to tactical execution
- Strong analytical skills, combined with a strategic orientation, as well as an aptitude for solving complex business problems
- Experience managing projects with multiple work streams and partners; demonstrated strategic planning abilities
- End-to-end ownership of commitments with the ability to break down ambiguous problems
- US Citizenship
- The ability to obtain or hold a US Government Security Clearance
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.