Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lexington, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own hardware from concept generation to real world use
- Use first principles physics as a basis for every decision
- Lead system integration activities in to tactical platforms including ship and aircraft
- Build prototypes, analyze failures, and transition successful projects into production
- Support critical hardware demonstrations with customers as needed
- Act as the mechanical program lead on new optical system development efforts
- Define top level system architecture trades to develop optimal system designs
- Execute in-depth and rigorous opto-mechanical designs
- Travel to test sites as needed
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Experience in an immersive interdisciplinary technical project (collegiate project teams or professional settings)
- CAD skills (any platform) and ability to make high quality engineering drawing that meet common industry standards
- Understanding of thermal and structural analysis
- Demonstrated hands on fabrication skills
- Ability to integrate electronic components into mechanical designs (motors, controllers, sensors etc.)
- Experience with machining, sheet metal, injection molding, and 3D printing
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with complex optical system design, analysis, test and implementation
- Experience performing detailed analysis including any of thermal-elastic, line-of-sight, jitter, modal, thermal
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?