Senior Software Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2021
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Lattice software platform integrates together many sensors into a single cohesive view of the world, providing needed context for our users. Software engineers at Anduril build the systems that run on our autonomous assets, the networking and backend services that integrate large amounts of sensor data, and the user interfaces that display that data in real time.
We believe in having as little separation between engineers and our users as well as between engineering teams. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Anduril has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for ownership. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as our customers!
We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale - so being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle development of software products from problem discovery to solution delivery
- Maintain contextual awareness of technical architecture within your engineering group in order to advise and guide design decisions across the group
- Maintain relationships with delivery teams or other engineering teams (software and hardware!) who use your software products in order to respond and adapt quickly to new missions and use cases
- Mentor and coach other engineers to be well equipped to step into owning parts of the full software engineering lifecycle
- Define what great looks like with regards to software engineering practices
- Balance short term tensions from the business against long term product vision and roadmap
- To us, a senior software engineer is someone who has had the opportunity to interface with users, understand the problem, independently design and implement software to solve the problem, deliver that software to the user, realize the limitations of their solution and subsequently was excited started that cycle over again armed with lessons learned from user feedback.
- Minimum 7 years of software engineering experience
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
WHAT A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE LOOKS LIKE
- Bias towards delivery and iteration, in order to discover the right use cases to invest engineering time in
- Willing to take risks and own the accountability for managing those risks
- Strong spike in a particular technical area, be it a specific language (we primarily rely on C++, Golang, Typescript and Python), system design (we build distributed and robotics systems), or prototyping (move insanely fast to discover the right product together with users)
- Passionate about solving real world problems, quickly
- Insatiable desire to build and create
- Has designed, built, delivered useful software to users multiple times, we want to hear war stories!
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?