Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer, Intelligence Systems
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril Intelligence Systems is actively seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Staff Test & Evaluation Engineer with a specialization in network testing. In this role, you will support our business line by contributing your technical expertise and fostering strategic collaboration across various teams. This includes working closely with program leadership, supporting companies, and government partners.
As a valued member of our team, you will play an integral role in developing and testing innovative solutions designed to address real-world challenges. A significant part of your role will involve working on our simulation platform, testing and evaluating new capabilities. This position underscores the importance of an iterative approach to our operations - design, test, field, and refine - thereby driving continuous improvement of our systems and services.
The Test Engineering team works across the entire spectrum of products ranging from Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, cUAS and our other platforms. Our team conducts full system level development testing, new aircraft development, sub-component qualification testing and much more. In short, if it involves test we support it. If you are interested in working in an extremely innovative and fast paced environment, where your work directly makes an impact and difference in the products that are fielded this a fantastic opportunity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As a Test and Evaluation (T&E) engineer, under minimal supervision, you will determine and develop various approaches to achieve T&E goals and help guide and perform the completion of test activities
- Support execution of testing at private and government owned test ranges
- Internally deconflict test events with other Anduril programs and efforts
- Responsible for safe operation of all testing efforts
- Work closely with Engineering to discuss test results, to include collected data and observations.
- Collect and perform initial test data analysis for the system under test
- Document test procedures and results, providing detailed reports for engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Coordinate with government test ranges to test and evaluate systems and software
- Conduct testing of classified capabilities in an unclassified setting, working with customer and Anduril security teams to ensure all protocols and security measures are adhered to
- Integrate Anduril’s T&E process into the program, ensure adherence throughout the life of the program.
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and 5+ years test engineering experience
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expansive knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas
- Experience in handling live networks, testing networking products, and deployment scenarios
- Experience as a test conductor, test director, or similar
- Previous experience developing customer facing test deliverables
- Ability to travel as required for planning and testing
- Active Top Secret U.S. security clearance
- Familiarity with government testing and protocols
- Previous DoD/IC experience
- Experience in consumer electronics or home automation.
- Experience in testing/fielding networking products
- Hands-on experience with complex networking equipment and a good understanding of networking protocols
- Experience in C++, Python, or other programming languages
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!