Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Rocket Motor Systems (ARMS) team is on a mission to build next generation solid rocket motors for a safer, more connected world. To achieve our vision of becoming a large-volume provider of tactical rocket motors, we will develop differentiated products and services that maximize our customers’ capabilities, and we will establish and maintain a reputation of Quality and Reliability.
This role will primarily support sourcing, purchasing, and proposal preparation for engineered components. This includes all raw and materials and outsourced components for machined, fabricated, and composite hardware. The ideal candidate for this role will have applicable defense contract manufacturing rocket motor system experience relying on integrated use of material demand planning by an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform purchasing of indirect (non-inventory) and direct (inventory) items, including raw materials, composite components, chemicals, electronic components, industrial equipment, supplies, services, outside processes, and consumablesas required
- Establish and maintain minimum and maximum levels of inventory and supplies to mitigate shortage risks
- Coordinate with ERP and configuration managers for demand planning and accuracy
- Participate in production and program meetings to report supply chain status and ensure appropriate planning
- Expedite orders to ensure required delivery dates are met and communicate status of open orders
- Support the management of suppliers as follows:
- Track and report supplier performance, supply chain metrics, and budgetary spend per program
- Maintain a vendor approved supplier file database within the company’s inventory management platform
- Assist with obtaining supplier pricing, proposal preparation, supplier capability survey submission review, establishing terms, and other supplier management, as needed
- Monitor quality and delivery performance of suppliers
- Assist in resolution of various supplier issues, including the resolution of billing discrepancies, shipment accuracy, and adherence to expected supplier performance
- Complete and monitor reports providing supplier performance metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in inventory control, ERP, and MRO purchasing OR high school diploma with 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience with commodity-based contract manufacturing, ERP, proposals, planning, and technical sourcing
- History of applying standard purchasing practices and procedures including compliance for audits and traceability
- Knowledge of best practices for inventory management to maintain traceability and cost accuracy
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, employees, and suppliers.
- Advanced skill level and presentation skills in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
Other Valued Attributes:
- Experience working in defense contract manufacturing, AS9100 QMS, ITAR, and HazMat experience
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR and DFAR)
Remote with up to 25% travel as required
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Commuter benefits depending on region
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!