Configuration Management Analyst
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
This role includes the opportunity define, built and commission a digital engineering infrastructure from scratch that will enable best-in-class capabilities in model-based engineering, digital factory design and digital manufacturing. In addition, you will be a critical partner for Anduril engineering and operational leaders in managing a highly dynamic and fast-paced design and engineering environment.
This is a compelling role for those looking to build career in systems engineering, program management or configuration management.
- Be a partner to Product and Program Teams by:
- Working with Anduril system, design and manufacturing engineers to generate, populate and submit configuration item change requests.
- Preparing critical analyses to support change requests while maintaining configuration integrity and traceability (item dependency analyses, test analyses, effectivity plans, inventory disposition analyses etc.)
- Supporting the execution and implementation of change notices across system engineering, design engineering, manufacturing engineering and supply chain domains.
- Identifying and executing continuous improvement opportunities by building data-driven perspectives of the full product configuration landscape.
- Be the leader of critical configuration management activities and forums by:
- Supporting configuration managers in managing critical program technical forums (Test Review Board, Change Control Board etc.).
- Working with program teams to prepare for critical technical forums (the Change Review Board, the Change Control Board) including preparing of business cases, test data, effectivity plans, inventory disposition plans etc.
- Documenting and distributing conclusions, decisions emerging from configuration management forums.
- Conduct periodic product configuration record audits by:
- Supporting configuration management reviews and audits, including FCA/PCA and provide direction before, during and after the events to prevent or resolve issues.
- Reconciling released bills of materials against baseline bills of materials by confirming all variances have signed-off change notices.
- Reconciling product as-built-records against released bills of materials by confirming all variances have quality deviations.
- Identifying, analyzing resolving non-conformances; finding and resolving root-causing failure modes.
- Be an expert resource for the Product Teams for Engineering Release and Change Management processes and standards by:
- Using Teamcenter software to manage Engineering changes, including part revisions, EBOM/MBOM/SBOM updates, documentation modifications, and associated workflows.
- Providing guidance and support to Engineering teams in configuring the Engineering, Manufacturing and Service Bills of Materials (EBOM, MBOM, SBOM)
- Supporting Configuration Managers and Engineers in defining and maintaining configurable product data sets (i.e., 150% BOMs, product variant dictionaries and schema).
- Being a Teamcenter super-user and be able to train product team users on workflows.
- Be part of the team defining the future of digital engineering at Anduril by:
- Partnering with engineering teams to set requirements and identify improvement opportunities in existing ways of working.
- Building an end-to-end digital thread from that maintains an accurate product definition, system by system, from the definition of requirements to the as maintained record.
- Identifying and piloting opportunities to leverage Anduril’s AI capabilities tools to unlock increased speed, accuracy, and efficiency within Anduril’s configuration management activities.
- At least 2 years’ experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, or a related field.
- Experience of configuration management in the aerospace, automotive, defense or technology industries.
- Strong understanding of configuration management principles and practices.
- Experience with CAD and PLM packages. Experience with Teamcenter is a an advantage.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards for aerospace systems.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify, root-cause, and propose resolutions to, critical product definition data set (EBOMs, MBOMs) inconsistencies.
- Ability to translate written documents and recommendations to organization change and business impact.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work well in a team.
- Proficiency in documentation and reporting.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and project simultaneously, managing time effectively.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Willingness to travel to satellite Anduril sites (less than 25%).
- Proficient in technical writing for processes and procedures.
- Experience with Teamcenter, Teamcenter Requirements, Teamcenter Quality, Confluence & JIRA.
- Certification in CM2 or equivalent configuration management certification.
- Security clearance (S, TS)
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to build a diverse team that values collaboration, integrity, innovation, and high performance.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!