Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Analytics team is focused on modeling our internal data into reusable entities that generalize how Anduril operates. From those entities, we build workflows, dashboards, and metrics that drive better and faster decision-making. You will work with stakeholders from across the company to understand how Anduril functions and model our data to create the digital twin of our operations.
We’re looking for people who love ontologies - defining domains and writing the code that puts those models into action. Ideally, you are passionate about the next generation of defense technology and love building efficient and understandable data models. You prioritize velocity and are interested in pushing the frontiers of what analytics can do within an organization - think data applications rather than just dashboards.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the building of Anduril’s ontology for a specific domain such as Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, People, and Sustainment
- Collaborate with stakeholders, collecting requirements and writing the code that results in secure, timely accurate, trusted, and extensible data models
- Seek out problems that can be solved with data and proactively work with the organization to make it a reality
- Become a trusted resource for Anduril leadership in helping them run their organizations more effectively
- 2-5 years of experience in an analytics focused role - analytics engineer, data engineer or analyst / consultant with a strong engineering background
- You are motivated by our mission; we are working to solve the biggest problems in defense
- Your weekend reading sometimes involves authors named Kimball or Inmon
- You’re energized by business impact & a self-starter: you’d rather build an imperfect data model quickly that is used by many people than a perfect data model that collects dust
- You thrive in cross-functional projects that have a heavy combination of technical requirements and user-focused workflows
- Expert with SQL and experience with Python or other programming languages
- Experience with data stack tools: dbt, Redshift, Looker/Tableau, Palantir Foundry
- You are empathetic: you are eager to see the world from your users’ perspective
- U.S. Persons status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!