Director of Cost Accounting
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Cost Accounting Team is one of the most important, operationally complex accounting groups at Anduril. We set Standard Cost for all products and are instrumental in defining sound business processes. We’re looking for a person to lead this high performing group. In this newly created role, you’ll be responsible for setting the strategy for the group, enhancing current processes, analysis and management reporting, and other special projects. The position will have direct and frequent interaction with different functional teams, including Supply Chain, Operations, and Finance. This person will be the “face” of the Cost Accounting team and will ultimately be responsible for producing output and analysis that assists leadership in steering the direction of the operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage accounting for both commercial inventory as well as Government Property across all business lines.
- Partner with Commercial Manufacturing and Supply Chain drive efficiency within the organization
- Lead highly skilled global team responsible for evolving the standard cost system including the analysis and disposition of variances, costing of new products, and periodic updating standard costs.
- Ensures that inventory is properly valued on the balance sheet including the establishment of required reserves.
- Help determine cost accounting system requirements to do a gap assessment on our current ERP system
- Be a super user of both the accounting and finance systems of the Company.
- Lead the company into the future including supporting IPO readiness assessment/remediation and new system(s) assessments, remediation's and/or implementations.
- Collaborate with the Operations, Engineering, and global Finance teams when preparing financial analysis of manufacturing variances, gross margin, and excess and obsolete inventory
- Identify opportunities and develop new and robust processes for increased productivity, efficiency, and continuous process improvement
- Interact with internal and external auditors, providing various analysis and audit schedules to ensure compliance with internal control procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with an emphasis in accounting
- Minimum of 10 years of experience using a standard cost model in an aerospace, Defense or manufacturing industry
- Experience implementing, enhancing and/or being a subject matter expert on ERP systems
- Expert knowledge of NetSuite, or similar accounting systems (SAP, Oracle)
- Solid understanding of WMS (Warehouse Management System) and MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems
- Prior oversight of teams including, manager level talent.
- Strong ability to communicate across different functions and levels of the Company
- Ability to interface with with and influence C-Suite around cost accounting decisions
- Ability to think outside of the box in with a first principles mindset vs. relying purely on prior experiences and/or published best practices
- Schooled in communicating complicated technical cost accounting concepts in easy to understand language
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
$168,000 - $252,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!