Anduril Head of Safety
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own energetics safety and compliance of the entire suite of Anduril Products globally
- Oversee the implementation and documentation of safety plans and procedures specific to the production of of each product
- Create safety standards across the organization
- Identify roadblocks and work with engineering to ensure products are managed correctly while still ensuring speed and creativity
- Provide day-to-day oversight of project activities and ensure adherence to established safety protocols and related training; and
- Manage all interactions with DCMA, ATF, and other regulatory bodies to ensure continued compliance with all applicable regulations
- Manage site leads at all Anduril sites handling Energetics and Munitions
- Grow and manage a team of safety expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 15 years of relevant, hand-on experience in the propellants and/or munitions field, which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of military, commercial, and other types of energetic materials
- Expertise in the establishment and management of safety programs supporting the manufacturing of propellants and other energetic materials and providing safety training and instruction
- Expert knowledge of DoD 4145.26, ATF regulations and LPS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills especially related to written documentation and verbal internal and external presentations
- Experience handling multiple audits at any given time
- DOD contract administration
- Proven track record of maintaining personnel safety and regulatory compliance related to the manufacturing of energetic materials
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills and evidence of building and managing effective teams
- Must be able obtain a U.S Top Secret clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!