Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for a production technician to join our Ground Systems team in Santa Ana, CA. The technician will perform a variety of tasks including, mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly, automated testing and data evaluation, RF testing and validation, inventory control and ERP duties, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly on the product building up sub assemblies across multiple stations and cross training with multiple team members.
- Run automated test procedures on electro-mechanical assemblies and communicate with cross functional teams to evaluate data from test results.
- Examine hardware delivered to the work cell to determine the quality of parts issued to the build meet the expectations and standards of production.
- Follow work instructions to complete work as outlined, when needed, work directly with engineering and quality teams to disposition parts that require further evaluation.
- Assist across team as necessary. There is an expectation that our teams can support cross functionally with positive and professional attitudes and behavior.
- Will train alongside experienced technicians on aligned shift.
- Expectations are to align work schedule with the team as needed with some flexibility to work swing shifts as needed to support customer delivery dates.
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Analyze and assess quantity and part number of items received to ensure completeness and accuracy of work orders prior to build.
- Mechanically assemble complex electro-mechanical assemblies, high quality wire harnesses, test racks, junction boxes, and associated components involving hand soldering and component fabrication
- Experience testing and running RF systems or experience testing electrical box build systems.
- Must have the ability to utilize hand tools such as, but not limited to, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, depth micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, pressure gauges, multimeters, test boxes or specialized test equipment as needed.
- Perform validation and testing of various electronic components using equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, and test racks
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production.
- Verify production lots: quantities, P/N, and Rev accurate
- Approve or reject items based on analysis; record inspection and disposition information/results in ERP system for traceability
- Basic understanding of LEAN manufacturing principles
- Assist with kitting products, as needed
- Able to lift heavy boxes (50 lbs), stand for long periods of time, and crouch, bend, and reach to perform regular duties
- Crossover duties with supporting Warehouse inventory placement
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- 2+ years of related experience in a R&D or production environment
- PCB and PCBA fab and troubleshooting experience preferred
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow technical documents e.g. engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, assembly instructions, and detailed test plans
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Lean six sigma green belt certified
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, effective time management, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Aerospace or automotive manufacturing/testing experience
- Experience loading firmware onto integrated digital electronic systems
- Experience running functional checkouts and tests, and diagnosing issues discovered during these processes
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems and electronic diagnostic tools is a plus
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!