Senior Category Manager
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Category Manager is the domain expert in a dedicated commodities space for Anduril Industries. This role will be responsible for developing new supplier and new sourcing partnerships that can be incorporated into new products, as well as existing products to improve their technologies, cost, and quality. This hire will work with the broader internal cross functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, and statement of works are accurate and well established prior to pipelining.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Act as the sourcing expert for an assigned commodity.
- Develop strategic roadmaps linking to their relevant commodities, which include scanning and developing new suppliers for potential incorporation into new/existing products.
- Drive sophisticated sourcing efforts and partner closely with key engineering & technology experts.
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, and cost goals.
- Collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit cooperation and resolve problems, and advance new supplier or product offerings.
- Provide strong technical direction within the specific commodities, by evaluating and guiding product strategy throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage and lead the operations effort of developing new and adaptations of existing technologies for Anduril.
- Develop & execute commercial agreements to properly reflect the expectations of project, which include fixed and variable costs, lead-times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, etc.
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff and management.
- Own the supplier performance management of their respective commodities, which includes key delivery, quality, cost, and innovation metrics.
- Act as the primary escalation for their respective commodity.
- 7+ years of experience in sourcing, engineering, manufacturing, and/or supply chain.
- Category Management experience.
- Previous experience in defense, aerospace, automotive, high tech, or another related industry is highly preferred.
- Strategic thinker, experienced putting together commodities strategy/roadmap with key engineering stakeholders.
- Proven leadership in driving and influencing other teams to a common goal.
- Well-versed in TCO analysis to ensure data-driven analytics tied to component and supplier selection, in a product-based ecosystem.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!