Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHY WE’RE HERE:
The Vehicle Autonomy (Robotics) team at Anduril develops aerial and ground-based robotic systems. The team is responsible for taking products like Ghost, Anvil, and our Sentry Tower from paper sketches to operational systems. We work in close coordination with specialist teams like Perception, Autonomy, and Manufacturing to solve some of the hardest problems facing our customers. We are looking for software engineers, roboticists, and front-end and mobile developers who are excited about creating a powerful robotics platform that can be tasked and viewed in real-time through a variety of interfaces.
As a Frontend Engineer on the Robotics team, you will be responsible for owning the interfaces between core vehicle autonomy systems and end-users. You will develop multi-platform applications, including web, mobile, and 3D, allowing for a elegant and seamless user experience. If you are someone who is experienced with a variety of front-end and mobile ecosystems, and who takes ownership of high-level requirements and can work autonomously to meet deadlines, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be responsible for the full life cycle development of software products from problem discovery to solution deployment.
- Help the team define and develop the MVP for tasking and controlling an autonomous platform, to include pilot workflows, streaming video, and autonomous behaviors.
- Build a simulation-based training system to prepare users to operate robots in a variety of real-world environments.
- Partner directly with end-users to turn needs into features, balancing user experience with platform & engineering constraints.
- Work closely with our autonomy, product, and design teams to prototype, test, and ship new user-facing improvements and features.
- High ownership and autonomous individual that’s able to take high-level requirements and decompose them into smaller tasks and make technical trade-offs to meet key deadlines and customer demos.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Android ecosystem (Java/Kotlin), Jetpack Compose.
- Experience with React, but those with experience in similar libraries are still encouraged to apply
- Experience working on frontend applications with data-intensive or map-based systems
- Ability to empathize with end-users, to turn needs into features, and to balance user experience with engineering constraints
- B.S degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or related technical degree.
- U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with writing, testing, shipping, maintaining, and supporting live mobile applications.
- Experience working on frontend applications, especially data-intensive video or map-based systems.
- Experience working on or closely with robotics and/or autonomous systems.
- Exposure to Flutter or other cross-platform mobile frameworks.
- Experience working with ATAK or similar technologies.
- Ability to empathize with end-users, to turn needs into features, and to balance user experience with engineering constraints.
- Has designed, built, delivered useful software to users multiple times, we want to hear war stories!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!