Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHY WE’RE HERE
Anduril’s Legal Team seeks an experienced analyst — Compliance Analyst — to help build our Compliance and IP team supporting the future technology of defense. In this role, you will work across many aspects of Anduril’s business, from helping obtain authorizations to fly or emit, to implementing compliance auditing, working with engineers on product classifications, and supporting our internal teams as a primary interface to Compliance. This position reports to the Senior Director, Risk, Compliance, and IP, and is based in Costa Mesa, CA.
Anduril is a fast-growing company at the early stages of growth. Consistent with this fast growth, members of Anduril’s Legal Team must be resourceful, creative, and eager to take ownership of complex matters. The Compliance Analyst role will require creativity and resourcefulness to implement and manage efficient, high-compliance processes for complex rules, with a singular focus on helping Anduril deploy its path-making technology into operational settings for the United States and its allies. In this role, you may also work on other aspects of Anduril’s business within Legal, such as US government contracts, supporting license and services agreement negotiations, to supporting IP and employment matters. Experience across all of these areas is not expected, but a willingness to learn and adapt is.
The Compliance Analyst will be expected to take responsibility for significant, material projects, which will have a significant impact on the company’s business. Our team is passionate about the law and policy of defense technology and you should have an independent interest in the key issues in this field. Anduril fosters a diverse, collaborative, culture with tremendous opportunities for ownership and professional growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a key member of Anduril’s small, dynamic Legal Team.
- Drive development, management, and implementation of compliance processes both within Compliance and in coordination with other stakeholders, eg Facilities.
- Support customer growth by supporting Anduril’s commitment to compliance with the law and contracting ethics.
- Manage relationships with government and commercial customers and partners. High-trust professional relationships with Government officials are critical to Anduril’s continued success, and you will be called upon to develop and foster these relationships throughout your tenure.
- Provide ownership and day-to-day management of Anduril’s Compliance queue, and ensuring SLAs and quality of support are being kept.
- Work across legal aspects of Anduril’s business, from license and services agreements, to bid protests and litigation, to intellectual property, compliance, and employment matters. You will represent the legal team in relationships with outside counsel, vendors, engineers, executives, customers, and regulators.
- 6+ years of compliance work in any of — export control, spectrum, aviation, government data security (eg FEDRAMP).
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining compliance processes.
- The judgment and initiative required to own multiple projects from end-to-end, whether guiding an Engineering Team through the lifecycle of a patent or handling unexpected legal issues that may arise in defense or start-up companies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and able to contribute to the broader start-up legal function, including topics that may be completely new to you: everything from IP and litigation to financing, securities, compliance, and employment law, depending on the needs of the day
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
WHAT WE VALUE IN THIS ROLE
- Significant compliance process management experience
- Combination of law-firm and in-house/government experience
- Experience with engineering, software, or other technology
- An interest in the law and policy of defense acquisitions with opinions about what is right or wrong in the field and how to fix it
- Preference given to candidates who have broad compliance experience, including experience in a variety of areas.
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Commuter benefits depending on region
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited time off
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!