Secure Developer Tooling Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Crucible org focuses on Systems Integration and Integrated Verification and Validation. In less dense terms, our team runs war gaming exercises every six weeks to integrate and validate our latest capabilities. In order to effectively operate these war games, Crucible builds and maintains a suite of software that powers a fleet of surrogate UAV, which are used to validate the latest capabilities being developed as a part of our Mission Autonomy and Command & Control platforms. If you are passionate about systems integration, verification and validation or simply love being at the intersection of Product and Delivery, Crucible may be the org for you!
As the C2 Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for working closely with our most innovative customers in shaping requirements and pushing the boundaries for the Lattice platform. The right person for this role has had first hand experience developing or deploying software in secure spaces. If you thrive in ambiguity, have a love for working closely with customers and characterizes themselves as a Systems thinker, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Sit at the crossroads between business stakeholders and product engineering teams
- Design and own Anduril’s internal simulated Command & Control network (Crucible Network) used for internal R&D and testing
- Work with business partners to understand requirements of forward deployed systems and build representative features into the Crucible Network
- Coordinate and execute regular integration events involving various levels of software and hardware, from full-software simulations at Anduril HQ to full hardware-in-the-loop demonstrations at test sites
- Design, build and maintain a high availability common infrastructure environment utilizing modern infrastructure technologies and best practices to automate provisioning and configuring of infrastructure (infrastructure-as-code and configuration-as-code) for both on premise and the Cloud.
- Autonomously execute on broad and/or ambiguous requirements from internal engineering, program office, and third party corporate partners to own successful delivery of outcomes on multiple programs simultaneously
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose technical alternatives when necessary; ask questions that clarify priorities
- Translate requirements down to Platform Component teams
- Coordinate with Engineering and QA teams on final release artifacts
- Coordinate with Product teams on Release Notes and other supporting documentation
- Hold a high bar to ensure that what is built by product teams lands perfectly with customers the first time
- Act as a customer advocate
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance. Define Systems Engineering vision for requirements and verification for C2
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (OR equivalent experience)
- Experience developing software in secure spaces
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Experience with basic tooling such as GitHub, CircleCI and other DevOps relevant tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in the application of engineering standards into engineering processes or requirements
- Experience assessing software design and performing code reviews
- Experience with modern software development practices and designs, unit testing, integration test, and release processes
- Experience in building programs for software deliverables from the ground up
- Must possess and be able to maintain a U.S. TS Security clearance
- Love of ambiguous problems
- Experience interfacing with customers and business stakeholders
- Experience working across product teams to define requirements
- Ability to work within organizations with minimal structure and with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!