Senior Robotics Engineer, Intelligence Systems
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Robotics team at Anduril develops aerial and ground-based robotic systems. The team is responsible for taking products like Ghost, Anvil, and our Sentry Tower from paper sketches to operational systems. We work in close coordination with specialist teams like Perception, Autonomy, and Manufacturing to solve some of the hardest problems facing our customers. We are looking for experienced software engineers and roboticists who are interested in creating a powerful robotics stack that includes computer vision, motion planning, SLAM, controls, estimation, and secure communications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Write and maintain core libraries (frame transformations, targeting and guidance, etc.) that all robotics platforms at Anduril will use
- Own feature development and rollout for our products - recent examples include building a Software-in-the-Loop simulator for our Anvil product, characterizing and improving Ghost helicopter battery consumption with route planning, designing an autofocus control system for IR cameras.
- Design, evaluate, and implement sensor integrations that support operation by both human and autonomous planning agents.
- Work closely with our hardware and manufacturing teams during product development, providing quick feedback that contributes to the final hardware design.
- Strong engineering background from industry or school, ideally in areas/fields such as Robotics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Experience in one or more of the following: sensor integration, tracking and estimation, motion planning, perception, localization, mapping, guidance, navigation and controls, and related system performance metrics.
- Proven understanding of data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and code optimization
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- 5+ years of C++ or Rust experience in a Linux development environment
- Experience with Linux tools for performance analysis and debugging problems (gdb, ASAN, bpftrace, perf, etc)
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance.
- MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Experience programming for embedded and physical devices
- Understanding of systems software (kernel, device drivers, system calls) and optimizing for limited resources
- Experience with sensor characterization and analysis
- Complex frame transformation problems, such as target localization or multi degree of freedom robotic arms
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!