Senior Radar Systems Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
- Ability to translate system needs into radar solutions
- Strong background in radar signal processing with the ability to architect ground and airborne target detection and tracking systems
- Experience with the modeling / simulation of sensor physics and fundamental phenomena, along with an understanding of the algorithms for radar signal processing and calibration
- Ability to lead trade studies, perform requirements analysis and develop hardware architectures to meet system requirements
- Proficiency with phased array and MIMO technologies for radar systems, with expertise in AESA/PESA system architectures
- Familiarity with the evaluation of advanced radar and electronic warfare (EW) technologies, with an emphasis on airborne surveillance radars performing moving target indication (MTI), synthetic aperture radar (SAR), inverse synthetic aperture radar (ISAR), high range resolution (HRR) target imaging
- Nice to have: Understanding of antenna theory and familiarity with the design and development of RF subsystems for Radar, EW, communications
- Nice to have: Proficiency with typical commercial RF system modelling tools, such as Mathworks Matlab Phased Array System and RF Toolboxes, Mathworks Simulink, AGI STK
- Nice to have: Understanding of digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
- At least a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, or other technical field (advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in radar design, signal processing, probability and statistics, and algorithm development
- Experience with radar verification and validation, including test design and results documentation
- Proficiency in MATLAB, C/C++, Python
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!