Senior Integration Engineer - Propulsion
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Critical member of team for selection and integration of aircraft engines, engine components, and fuel systems on unmanned air vehicles
- Design, fabricate, and test prototype components and control systems
- Plan, instrument, and execute tests of aircraft propulsion systems
- Coordinate with engine vendors, develop strategic partnerships, and manage development projects
- Support critical hardware demonstrations with customers as needed
- Critical member of team supporting CAD design for internal aerodynamic loft, surfaces and structures
- Travel to test sites as needed
- 5+ years of propulsion engineering experience on air vehicles (manned or unmanned)
- Professional experience with jet engines in the 1,000-20,000 lbf thrust class.
- Knowledge of jet engine fundamentals
- Experience with use of engine cycle decks
- Exposure to testing of engines or powertrain components
- Experience designing mechanical parts and surface loft (CAD)
- Understanding of manufacturing methods (machining, sheet metal, composites, 3D printing, injection molding, etc)
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- Must possess and be able to maintain an active U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Experience in NX/Teamcenter
- Hands-on experience with jet engine testing including test practices, instrumentation, and data processing
- Knowledge and experience working with Engine Management Systems (EMS), OEM or motorsport
- Experience procuring parts and working in a machine shop. Working knowledge of machine safety and shop safety protocols
- Active U.S. Secret security clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!