Quality Engineer Intern
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Quality Engineering team is seeking an Engineer Intern to join our team. The Quality Engineering team is an organization that is championing the quality experiences through the entire product life cycle while bringing the quality discipline & function to critical processes and procedures within the areas for production, engineering, and supplier management. At Anduril, Quality Engineering is a development function, actively working on new products and projects while also supporting production and supplier quality.
The right person for this role will work on critical projects that support our strategy and execution, helping Anduril grow and manage the complexities and ambiguities of a start-up. The role may also support a product that is in development where we need to bring critical problem solving and error proofing in order to achieve product performance and quality expectations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own a portion of the production quality support process for a certain product or set of products.
- Conduct data analysis and data mining to identify trends and patterns in product quality.
- Develop and maintain KPIs & OKR metrics to track product quality and identify areas for improvement and drive improvement through a cross-functional team.
- Lead a project that transforms an element of the quality engineering team – a process, new inspection method, or complex data analytic method(s)
- Will support Anduril’s quality management system and manage changes to documentation and training at the conclusion of the project
- Write documentation required for successfully quality management for hardware at scale, such as work instructions, quality plans, inspection requirements, etc.
- Work with technicians and other engineers hands-on, building and measuring prototype hardware
- Possibly travel to suppliers to do initial sourcing work, solve ongoing production issues, and implement quality procedures
- Pursuing a degree in a technical field such as engineering, math, or a hard science
- Internships or school related experience in a relevant field, preferably manufacturing, quality, supply chain or design of electromechanical hardware
- Approaching Junior year or beyond at the time of the internship
- Must be returning to school at the end of their internship to continue their academic studies
- Demonstrated ability to creatively problem solve issues related electromechanical hardware in a resource-constrained environment
- Demonstrated in-kind or direct team leadership skills
- Personal experience with inspection systems, data analysis, numeric methods, MatLab or other software packages.
- A genuine interest in data analysis, process improvement, and thirst for learning
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Previous experience leading project and working with data collection, analysis, and driving improvements.
- Hands-on experience with R/C and/or autonomous flight vehicles, flight controllers, or other related control systems
- Software scripting experience in any language
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!