Production Lead Technician
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are seeking a Production Lead Technician to join our manufacturing team at Anduril. Here you will work on cutting-edge technology aimed at advancing the state-of-the-possible. The Technician Production Lead will lead a team of highly talented technicians to produce AUVs for strategic military and commercial customers. This is a highly dynamic role that requires both frontline technical skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The Production Lead Technician will report to the Production Manager and work alongside other Manufacturing Technicians, leading technician staff in the production and delivery of AUVs through factory acceptance
- While executing manufacturing operations, apply a higher level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly, troubleshooting and repair
- Apply competency in use of hand tools, assembly tooling and general manufacturing equipment
- Utilize reading and comprehension skills to follow documented build instructions
- Ensure all operators are following safety procedures and standard work tasks. Improve work area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and constant scrutiny
- Prioritize work activities for operators to achieve target on time delivery goals. Handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines. Ensure they are working on the right thing at the right time
- Be an active participant in 5S and continuous improvement activities. Provide feedback on ways to improve building process
- Complete transactions in computer production systems (MES, NetSuite, JIRA, SQL, Tableau) on daily basis
- Assist in weekly report out of production progress, blockers, risks, and needs.
- Be aware of the escalation path for problems that arise on the floor and follow through to completion
- Ability to work on the line, provide training and support new operator training as required.
- Complete certification training and maintain required certifications, as required
- Build a positive and collaborative team culture that promotes product knowledge, skills development, and X-training
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Show up every day with a high level of urgency and enthusiasm to get the job done
- Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting
- 5+ years experience in production-oriented manufacturing or electro-mechanical technician fields with at least 2+ years in a lead or production operations role
- Prior experience leading a team either in-kind or directly, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience working with ERP and MES systems (NetSuite, JIRA, SQL, Tableau)
- A full understanding of the product life cycle (NPI to scaled production), LEAN manufacturing principals, and change management (ECOs)
- Can interpret technical documentation (mechanical drawings, work instructions, building plans, equipment specs, electrical schematics, etc.)
- Extremely reliable, organized and detail-oriented with excellent verbal & written communication skills
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (engineering, business, or applied science.)
- Prior hands-on experience with kit, model, or experimental builds
- Lean six sigma green belt certified
- Working knowledge of AS9100 standards and OSHA laws
- A&P certification a plus
- Experience in AUV industries
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!