Hardware Product Manager - Core Technology
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Represent and help build the Core Technology culture. As the liaison to the engineering development organization, you are well positioned to consistently interact with all teams at Anduril and often will be tasked to represent the project in a cross-functional capacity. You should be knowledgeable of not only the current state of the project, but also the various technical and operational factors which define the architecture and overall vision.
- Establishing key milestones and targets from across the organization to help define the project schedules and prioritization roadmap. This will require an in-depth understanding of what teams are affected by the various stages of your project’s engineering development. You are to ensure that teams are being engaged at the right time and at the right product maturity stage to be successful. Identify and understand how your project fits within product schedules. The roadmap you help develop would be the guide for your project that the organizations would reference and plan around.
- Evaluate and prioritize the various tasks required to successfully support the project development efforts. The product manager should be prepared to help drive to the best decision for the project and company. This generally should be a data driven approach, and should include inputs from all the various stakeholders to ensure the decision is well informed and can be successfully executed.
- Execute a variety of tasks to ensure the project stays on track. These tasks can take many forms as the product manager should be prepared to fill any gap to de-risk the roadmap.
- Communicate strategy and vision to the stakeholders to help manage expectations. You will be presenting to all levels of company management from the CEO to individual contributors and must be comfortable transitioning between these levels, driving ICs and selling to the executive management. Ensure all risks are noted and addressed with adequate time and resources to help keep things on track.
- Expected to work closely with teams including, but not limited to: design engineering, finance, logistics, EHS, manufacturing, engineering testing, legal, technical operations, business strategy/programs, etc.
- 2+ years in hardware or integrated product development
- 2+ years of project management with experience managing multiple projects in parallel
- BS in STEM education
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders, across a wide range of technical areas
- Comfort working with data and complex analyses
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. top secret security clearance
- 5+ years in hardware or integrated product development
- 5+ years of project management with experience delivering multiple projects/year in parallel
- Experience using product management tools (MS Project, Quip, Jira etc.)
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education
- Experience with or interest in working with visual design tools to communicate ideas
- Active TS/SCI clearance helpful but not required
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!