Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Execute the manufacturing of Altius and its supporting products, from initial prototyping through large full-scale production.
- Lead and grow the current team of Manufacturing Engineering for the Altius product.
- Work with design engineers during the development process to drive design for manufacturing best practices into the design effort and help facilitate the transition from design to prototype to rate production.
- Collaborate and drive global Anduril Manufacturing initiatives and principles to the Atlanta facility.
- Act as a manufacturing lead for mechanical fabrication and avionics with subject matter expertise in these areas and key experience in design for manufacturability.
- Own documentation required for successfully manufacturing product group hardware at scale, such as work instructions, inspection plans & requirements, etc.
- Establish and maintain systems of process control for machines, material, processes, tools within product group.
- Uphold and advise on quality management and business application programs as they pertain to manufacturing within your area.
- Facilitate make versus buy decisions and coordinate with internal supply chain teams to manage vendors to ensure quality deliveries on time.
- Collaborate with internal customers and manufacturing planning teams to define capacity planning actions to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Instill a culture of continuous improvement through opportunity identification, root cause analysis, and corrective actions to reduce cost and cycle times.
- Own all area KPIs and supporting process improvements, continually raising the bar on performance expectations.
- Define and manage budgets and schedules for raw material, operational expenses, labor, and capital projects.
- Develop production and test methodologies and implement best practices to enable scaling production capabilities for larger, more complex products.
- Travel to suppliers and partner sites to do initial sourcing work, solve ongoing production issues, and implement process procedures as required.
- Degree in a technical field such as engineering, math, or a hard science.
- 5+ years in manufacturing or similar prototyping position.
- Demonstrated in-kind or direct team leadership skills, with backing examples.
- An attitude of world-class mission assurance, quality, attention to detail, and dedication.
- A genuine interest in manufacturing and thirst for learning.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively deliver hardware in a resource-constrained environment.
- Personal experience physically manufacturing hardware via any means (machining, fabrication, soldering, assembly, etc.). Work on personal or extracurricular projects is a plus.
- U.S. person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Experience building or transforming successful production operation organizations and leading large-scale change management initiatives that influence culture, define tools & processes and improve competencies.
- Experience with prototype composite and aluminum manufacturing methods.
- PCBA fabrication experience including prior work with or setup/modification/monitoring SMT processes.
- Experience leading and managing teams on fast-paced, complex projects.
- Hands-on experience with R/C and/or autonomous flight vehicles, flight controllers, or other related control systems.
- Software scripting experience in any language.
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life).
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!