Hardware Product Manager - Electrical
Other Engineering, Product
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking driven individuals to join our growing Anduril Hardware Product Management Team.
In the product management role, you will be heavily involved in solving real-world challenges. You will be positioned at the intersection of a variety of critical teams that you will work with to help progress technologies from initial concept through readiness for use in production. In addition, being the voice of the technology helping internal and external teams understand the missions the technology solves. Your day-to-day focus will change often as you navigate a complex technology development roadmap, but it should include opportunities such as developing a cross-functional strategy, gathering and reviewing critical market data, tracking key product alignment and cost metrics, meeting with external parties to present technology vision and impact, finding and reducing technical gaps in capabilities, and much more. Anduril is a rapidly growing company, and the right person for this role should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities while managing multiple projects in parallel.
Candidates for this role should have experience in electrical hardware development and have ideally worked within all stages of a standard product life cycle, but specifically in the concept thru NPI. They should be technically inclined and able to comfortably understand core engineering design principals. The right individual needs to be excited about the prospects of working on a growing team and will be expected to provide feedback on process improvement opportunities for the electrical enginering organization as a whole.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As the liaison to the engineering development organization, you are well positioned to consistently interact with all teams at Anduril and often will be tasked to represent the project in a cross-functional capacity. You should be knowledgeable of not only the current state of the product, but also the various technical and operational factors which define the architecture and overall vision.
- Establishing key milestones and targets from across the organization to help define the product schedules and prioritization roadmap. This will require an in-depth understanding of what teams are affected by the various stages of your project’s engineering development. You are to ensure that teams are being engaged at the right time and at the right product maturity stage to be successful. Identify and understand how your product fits within other product schedules. The roadmap you help develop would be the guide for your product that the organizations would reference and plan around.
- Evaluate and prioritize the various tasks required to successfully support the product development efforts. The product manager should be prepared to help drive to the best decision for the product and company. This generally should be a data driven approach, and should include inputs from all the various stakeholders to ensure the decision is well informed and can be successfully executed.
- Execute a variety of tasks to ensure the project stays on track. These tasks can take many forms as the product manager should be prepared to fill any gap to de-risk the roadmap.
- Communicate strategy and vision to the stakeholders to help manage expectations. You will be presenting to all levels of company management from the CEO to individual contributors and must be comfortable transitioning between these levels, driving ICs and selling to the executive management. Ensure all risks are noted and addressed with adequate time and resources to help keep things on track.
- Expected to work closely with teams including, but not limited to: design engineering, finance, logistics, EHS, manufacturing, engineering testing, legal, technical operations, business strategy/programs, etc.
- 2+ years in electrical design, and development. (PCBA, harnessing, etc.)
- 2+ years of project management with experience managing multiple projects in parallel
- Understanding of PCB and electrical systems manufacturing processes
- BS in electrical engineering or computer science education
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders, across a wide range of technical areas
- Comfort working with data and complex analyses
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. top secret security clearance
- 5+ years in electrical design and development
- 5+ years of project management with experience delivering multiple projects/year in parallel
- Experience using project management tools (MS Project, Quip, Jira etc.)
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education
- Experience with or interest in working with visual design tools to communicate ideas
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!