Support Systems Lead
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in robotics, autonomy, software, mechanical and electrical engineering to create technology solutions that radically evolve the defence capability of Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril Australia and help us build the future of defence capability.
At Anduril Australia we are developing unmanned systems for subsurface and other domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. Our Extra Large Autonomous Undersea Vehicle (XL-AUV) Program requires a Support System Lead with deep experience in capability development to architect and manage the delivery of a comprehensive, right-sized and fit for purpose Support System for the Royal Australian Navy Ghost Shark.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Plan, coordinate, and lead the development and sustainment of a holistic Support System (including AUV launch and recovery, maintenance, training and everything in between)
- Hire, develop, and grow a multi-disciplinary Support System team (Technicians, Engineers, Tech. Writers, Trainers etc) to provide world-class training, logistics, and support
- Collaborate with customer stakeholders on a comprehensive concept of employment to ensure needs are met and influence the design of other systems to align with expected methods for employment
- Manage a cohesive plan to support deployed assets, inclusive of identifying critical infrastructure requirements such as maintenance depots, test sites, etc.
- Work directly with operators to gain hands-on experience using our equipment, and assist in the scoping and design of future support infrastructure
- Develop a strategy for customer training and train-the-trainer curriculum, including planning approach to training in an evergreening tech environment
- Manage requirements for fielded system support equipment, including handling equipment, shipping and logistics equipment, shoreside C2 systems, host vessels, and remote tasking and monitoring equipment
- Own critical interfaces with other system elements and work closely within the team to deliver a tightly integrated end-to-end system capability
- Experience working in logistics, support, maintenance, or training management roles and familiarity with support of fielded systems in the control of customers
- Experience in the maritime domain, specifically in the launch, operation, and recovery of surface or subsurface vessels, or equivalent experience with support of large and complex systems
- Be an experienced leader with the depth and breadth of leadership capability who enables and empowers their people.
- Be able to think strategically and plan long term but also to be in the detail, act tactically when required and to simplify the complex. Strong bias to action and an affective decision maker who is able to operate in a fast paced environment.
- Be personally resilient and self-starting; ability to build from the ground up in a highly dynamic and innovative environment.
- Be highly collaborative with the ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders, challenging constructively where necessary.
- Exercise extremely high ownership; take significant pride in the quality and efficacy of your work
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance (NV2)
- Defense industry experience
- Technical/Engineering background
- Familiarity with Royal Australian Navy (RAN) surface vessels and supply chain system
- Program Management experience or experience leading a small team in a fast-paced environment
At Anduril Australia, we strive to make this a workplace where you can do the best work of your careers. We have a range of industry leading benefits such as:
- Equity package so that you are part of the Anduril success story.
- Comprehensive caregiver and wellness leave policy to support you and your family.
- Private healthcare for you and your dependents.
- Delicious snacks, drinks and catered lunch at our offices.
- Phone bill reimbursement.
- Professional development allowance.
- Vacation bonus - we incentivize our employees to look after themselves by providing a yearly vacation bonus.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!