Avionics Systems Engineer
Wake Forest, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril Industries designs and builds aircraft, aircraft systems, and aerospace structures for the Defense, Space, and other aerospace-related industries. Anduril is seeking candidates for an Avionics Systems Engineer for Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) to join the development team for unmanned turbofan-powered tactical aircraft. The full-time position is onsite in our Wake Forest NC facility with occasional telework.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create, review, and adjudicate MBSE models of aircraft designs using SysML (Cameo)
- Collaborate with the avionics engineering team for development, configuration management, and transition of MBSE models into compliant avionic systems
- Coordinate efforts with the multiple engineering disciplines, assembly teams, external consultants, and vendors to transition designs to first flight
- Develop solutions conforming to Open System Architecture (OSA) guidelines
- Specify test plan and procedures for laboratory tests or prototyping environments, and participate in their setup and operation to validate designs, using hand tools, sensors, and data acquisition systems
- Actively lead and participate in internal design reviews and customer engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science
- 1-4 years of embedded systems design experience
- Familiarity with MBSE, SysML, and modeling tools (Cameo, MagicDraw)
- Experience with C, C++, Cmake, python, Linux build systems, Linux scripting, GitLab
- Experience with communication protocols and standards like RS-485, ARINC-429, or Ethernet
- Demonstrate high initiative and problem solving abilities
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Experience with aircraft systems
- Familiarity with avionic equipment such as flight computers, mission computers, communications, navigation, sensors, radars, or payloads
- Experience with Open System Architecture or VPX application
- Experience with network messaging middleware
- Knowledge of RF Fundamentals, Software Design Lifecycle, Requirement Validation and Verification, Digital Electronics, and cryptography/cybersecurity fundamentals
- Experience with ARP4754A, DO-160, DO-178C, DO-254, ARP4761, FAR Part 23/25, FAA AC XX.1309, or similar standards
- Experience working on DoD contracts such as managing deliverables, handling distribution restricted documentation, and understanding unique challenges of the supply chain for DoD compliance
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!