AIS Deputy Program Manager
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As an AIS Deputy Program Manager, you will lead the development and/or integration of Anduril products and technologies with various government and industry partners. These projects will be diverse in nature and require you to be organized and flexible to adapt to changing situations. On one project, you may be working with the customer to clarify how each of its mission requirements can be met through Anduril's core products, including the plan, scope, and work required. In another situation, you may be helping to craft a vision with the customer or participating in technical working groups with a collaborative set of engineers to transform that vision into an operational reality. During all this, you must be able to successfully work with both external and internal stakeholders, communicate plans clearly to all parties, and support and coordinate across teams to achieve the desired end state.
Success in this position also hinges on two key facets: 1) systems and engineering mindset- the ability to understand and assess technical concepts- identifying system dependencies, interfaces, technical risks and the impact of key architectural decisions with the engineering team is a must; and 2) an execution mindset- digging into the details, charting the path and owning the outcome. You will be expected to utilize your technical aptitude in conjunction with your program and project management skills to deliver the best outcome for Anduril and the customer.
We are seeking a deputy PM with prior training and experience in a relevant engineering field to plan, direct, and lead internal and external program activities. The deputy PM will interact daily with the Program Manager and Chief Engineer to coordinate the execution of program initiatives and tasks - working alongside the rest of the team to meet the program’s administrative, technical, and operational requirements.
WHAT IS AIS?
- Anduril Intelligence Systems is one of Anduril’s Business Lines and is focused on positioning Anduril as a lead provider of specialized engineering and products for intelligence community customers. We work with IC customers to understand their requirements, shape their concepts of operation, and delivery exquisite capability across their problem set. We aim to develop and deploy critically needed capabilities that address our customers’ most difficult technology requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As the Deputy PM for AIS, you will own two major roles for the supporting program: Contract Deliverables and the Master Schedule.
- Drive the contract deliverables process during the contract implementation period as well as during ongoing operations.
- Work with internal stakeholders and data management resources daily to ensure accurate development and timely submission of government deliverables, and ensure deliverables are contractually compliant, edited, approved, and submitted on time.
- Assist with the development of Forward-Looking Metrics and Trend Analysis to produce informative, easy-to-assimilate reports from the operational reporting systems, including written summary reports for Management.
- This reporting also allows them to define, plan, coordinate and conduct a comprehensive set of product and subsystem level reviews, change boards, and audits to manage change incorporation.
Master Schedule Owner:
- Consulting with Program Managers and Engineering Leads to set up assignments, tasks, and subtasks.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective scheduling management system across one or more programs
- Developing and coordinating an integrated master schedule (IMS) with internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring project timelines and deadlines.
- Identifying potential project schedule delays and facilitating intervention in a timely manner.
- Evaluating performance and preparing project progress reports based on schedule and cost performance.
- Accommodating updates and changes to project schedules.
- Recommending actions to keep projects within budget and completed on time.
- Keeping stakeholders informed of project timelines and deadlines.
- Work with proposal team to develop the IMS as needed.
- Documenting project scheduling processes and maintaining records.
- BS/BA in a technical field plus 5 years or more of professional experience
- Science or Engineering discipline strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with government acquisition and reporting processes.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations in technical and programmatic reports to key leadership and customers.
- Comfortable with setting and achieving goals in an amorphous environment.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Comfortable working in limited resource environments.
- Experience with government contracts strongly preferred.
- Certification as a PMI scheduling professional (PMI-SP) will be advantageous.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- Ability to travel 10-15% as needed.
- Proficiency with tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!