Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defence.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop process flows, breaking down large, complex assemblies into a logical part flow of subassemblies and sub-processes.
- Work with other engineers to embed Design for Manufacturing features and principles in the product design.
- Develop novel tooling solutions for fabrication and assembly of structural parts.
- Write documentation required for successfully manufacturing their hardware at scale, such as work instructions, quality plans, inspection requirements, etc.
- Work with contract manufacturers across various disciplines (PCBA fab, metallic manufacturing, assembly, etc.) to develop repeatable, sustained processes for quick-turn development as well as at-scale production.
- Work with technicians and other engineers hands-on, building prototype hardware.
- Contribute to end-customer hardware mechanical or electrical design, including interconnects, board fabrication and inspection, etc.
- Travel to suppliers to do initial sourcing work, solve ongoing production issues, and implement quality procedures.
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant engineering field, preferably manufacturing or design of electromechanical hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively deliver electromechanical hardware in a resource-constrained environment.
- Personal experience physically manufacturing hardware via any means (machining, fabrication, soldering, assembly, etc.) previous work on personal or extracurricular projects is a plus.
- A genuine interest in manufacturing and thirst for learning.
- BS, M.Eng, MS or PhD in an engineering field.
- Ability to hold an Australian NV2 Security clearance is required for this position.
- Experience applying Design for Manufacturing approaches and principles.
- Experience building engineering release workflows including application of tools such as PLM, ERP and MES in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in SolidWorks/Teamcenter.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!