Device Applications Engineer - Senior
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Altius Infrastructure team is focused on building tools to help Anduril manage its deployments of the Altius family of systems (air vehicles, vehicle launchers, payload systems). As Anduril scales we are managing more deployments with more physical devices. In order to scale as a business we must build products that allow us and our customers to manage the fleet. The Altius Infrastructure team builds products to manage software distribution, configuration, and more. We are looking for dedicated engineers to help execute the roadmap and drive the success of this team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead high-impact projects through requirements analysis, design, and execution.
- Provide technical leadership while forming the roadmap for the Altius Infrastructure team.
- Work with partner teams to understand problems, identify opportunities, and build consensus.
- Be an advocate for excellent engineering culture across the team
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading projects
- Prior engineering experience from the industry, along with academic pursuits & studies in the areas of: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Familiarity with embedded devices, robotics, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, Linux systems, and other technical tools.
- A desire to work on software and applications that have real-world impact.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Have a bias for action. If you see a problem, you want to solve and fix it
- Be naturally curious about the technologies and tools you use
- Have a point-of-view, but are still low-ego
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!