Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defence.
The Anduril Australia team is seeking to hire a buyer to join our Maritime team based in the Sydney Operations facility. As a member of the Supply Chain team, you will be responsible for managing the procurement process and contributing to the strategic sourcing initiatives of the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to be apart a growing and dynamic team working closely with engineering, finance and manufacturing teams to ensure that our accelerated challenges are executed efficiently and effectively. The right person for this role is someone who enjoys launching new products, has excellent procure to pay experience in a manufacturing environment and is someone who excels at communicating clearly, managing many tasks in a fast paced environment, and creating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth and development. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for procurement and exceptional organisational skills, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume.
- Issue purchase orders for production parts using a Bill of Materials (BOM) to ensure on-time delivery to meet project demands
- Support the development and implementation of sourcing strategy for direct commodities and/or categories.
- Source and procure parts and equipment to support project needs and requirements
- Provide input towards the development, implementation, monitoring and mitigation of supply risk on a timely and cost-effective manner
- Documenting and reporting supplier performance and actively participate in monthly weekly and daily review processes as required.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and provide sourcing recommendations for critical components.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives for cost savings, quality improvement, and on-time delivery.
- Maintain frequent and regular communication with non-critical suppliers on tactical matters to ensure on-time order fulfilment
- Support the supplier life cycle from supplier selection, adoption, induction, through to ongoing management and exit (where applicable).
- Significant technical procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and collaborate with across functions / borders
- Good understanding and interpretation of related design specification
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
- Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
- Excellent attention to detail
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!