RF Systems Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Electrical Engineering Team is seeking a Senior RF Systems Engineer with a strong background in the full product development life cycle of RF communication systems. In this role, you will work on trade studies, requirement definition, and design and verification of next-generation communication systems. The right person for this role has a strong background in communication systems, software defined radios (SDRs), RF testing, and electronic warfare (EW) applications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Architect next-generation communication systems through trade studies and requirement definition
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to develop software defined radios
- Test RF hardware at the component and system levels
- Strong knowledge of RF communication systems, requirement definition and traceability, and systems architecture
- Strong experience with software defined radios (e.g. USRP, RFSoC, Nvidia Jetson, etc.)
- Experience with design, verification, and testing of RF systems
- Knowledge of wireless communication standards (Bluetooth, 3G/4G/5G, Wi-Fi, GPS, etc.)
- Excellent at balancing multiple projects at a time
- Enthusiastic about both working with a team and executing work individually
- Experience with EW systems
- Comfortable writing proposals and white papers
- Some travel required
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!