Senior IT Systems Administrator - Classified Programs
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to directly support our most sensitive programs. You will be a part of the team building and maintaining the critical classified infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the world’s best engineers and cybersecurity professionals as you help to implement cutting edge systems. You will work directly with customers and systems deployed across the globe in support of national security missions all while gaining invaluable experience navigating complex cybersecurity regulation frameworks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build IT infrastructure at all classification levels and a variety of handling requirements (SAP, SCI) in ways that have not previously been done in classified spaces .
- Design, install, operate, maintain and troubleshoot classified IT systems consisting of a variety of operating systems (mainly Linux and Windows) and hardware.
- Work in close coordination with the ISSM and ISO in monitoring the information system(s) implementing configuration management across authorization boundaries.
- Serve as subject matter expert for classified IT matters that require escalation.
- Define, document and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems.
- Familiar and comfortable with administration of Linux and Windows-based systems and fundamentals of networking.
- Experience in unclassified, internet exposed environments to inform parity of classified environments.
- Previous experience deploying IT systems from scratch.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- Previous support to classified IT systems.
- Low voltage cabling experience.
- Experience with a scripting language (Bash, Python, etc.) to automate and solve reoccurring tasks.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!