Lead Mobile Engineer, Command and Control / Land Systems
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Land Systems team is seeking a Lead Mobile Engineer to join our team. The Land Systems team at Anduril develops software for land-based robotic systems, leveraging software infrastructure built by other Anduril product teams. The team is responsible for taking manned and unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) robots from paper sketches to operational systems. We work in close coordination with specialist teams like Perception, Autonomy, and Hardware/Manufacturing to solve some of the hardest problems facing our customers. We are looking for software engineers, roboticists, and Android/mobile developers that are excited about creating a powerful robotics platform that can be tasked and viewed in real-time through a hand-controller.
As a Lead Mobile Engineer you will be developing mobile software for interfacing with land-based robotics systems. The right person for this role has demonstrated experience with the Android ecosystem (Java/Kotlin). If you are someone who takes ownership in high-level requirements and can work autonomously to meet deadlines, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help the team define and develop the MVP for a handheld unmanned ground vehicle command and control platform, which includes pilot workflows, streaming video, and autonomous navigation
- Integrate directly with vehicle hardware to build new en-route experiences for controlling vehicle positioning, behavior and data capture
- Analyze and optimize mobile applications for efficiency and performance for critical real-time workflows
- Work closely with our product and design teams to prototype, test, and ship new user-facing improvements and features
- High ownership and autonomous individual that’s able to take high-level requirements and decompose them into smaller tasks and make technical trade-offs to meet key deadlines and customer demos
- Minimum 3 years of experience with writing, testing, shipping, maintaining, and supporting live mobile applications
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Android ecosystem (Java/Kotlin)
- Experience using Jetpack Compose or building UI’s/Layouts
- B.S degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data
- Experience working on frontend applications, especially data-intensive or map-based systems
- Exposure to Flutter or other cross-platform mobile frameworks
- Ability to empathize with end-users, to turn needs into features, and to balance user experience with engineering constraints
- Familiarity with ATAK, TAK Server, and WinTAK
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!