Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Supply Chain team is seeking an Supply Planner to join our team. The Supply Chain team is responsible for planning and sourcing of materials to support rapidly iterating and building of cutting-edge defense hardware, including static equipment, mobile ground equipment, and flight vehicles. The Supply Planner will have material flow responsibility spanning the entire value chain from raw materials through finished goods shipped to customers. They will have full ownership of certain assemblies and product lines, and will be ultimately responsible for sending the correct signals to Purchasing and Manufacturing on what and when to buy or build. This hire will be instrumental in signaling and forecasting accurate demand, planning inventory levels, and ensuring that Anduril supports its hardware requirements via Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and other associated tools.
The right person for this role can demonstrate past holistic ownership on solving operational challenges with creative solutions in a fast-paced, resource-limited environment. This person will be flexible to provide support wherever needed to ensure products are built and shipped under stringent quality standards. If you are someone who thrives in such an environment, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own the accurate planning and on-time delivery of both raw material to internal assembly lines as well as finished goods to customers
- Support day-to-day demand signaling, ordering, and inventory management for product lines
- Identify supply issues, flag with the appropriate owners across Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and drive resolution
- Own the reporting and analysis of supply and material health and ensure that stakeholders have the inputs they need to make decisions across Engineering (cut-in dates for new designs), Purchasing (signals on what to buy), Manufacturing (signals on being clear-to-build and what to build), Business Development (supply overview to drive customer contracts).
- Work closely with the Purchasing and Manufacturing Engineering team to source components, maintain vendor relationships, and develop make vs. buy strategies
- Facilitate discussions with Business Development and Growth teams to review unconstrained forecasts and get to constrained demand plans that are achievable
- Develop and maintain processes for working within MRP and the associated master data
- 5+ years past experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in either a supply chain or production-type role where complex mechanical and/or electrical assemblies were built
- Demonstrated ability to completely own a value chain from start to finish, coordinating among multiple different internal and external parties to achieve on-time deliveries under stringent quality standards
- Prior knowledge of Netsuite or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Ability to demonstrate a willingness to take on substantial responsibility across supply chain, logistics, engineering, and supply planning functions with a bias towards speed and accuracy.
- Strong technical ability to read technical documentation such as drawings and CAD data, understanding of a variety of hardware manufacturing processes for both electronics (PCBAs, sensor hardware, etc.) and structures/mechanisms
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Experience interacting with SQL databases - storage of information and building custom queries for tracking production and inventory-related metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any technical field including mechanical/aerospace/manufacturing, electrical, or computer engineering, supply chain, or business with a technical minor or concentration.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma principles in action
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?