Commercial Project Manager, Maritime
Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril Maritime delivers platforms, systems, and integrated effects in the undersea domain. Our autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) are the cornerstone of these capabilities, and we continually strive to push the boundaries of the possible in terms of endurance, autonomy and mission capability. The Maritime team develops and maintains core AUV products (Dive-LD and Dive-XL) and adapts and applies those products to serve a wide variety of defense, IC and commercial customers.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life. We are seeking a Project Manager - Commercial to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start- up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as project management lead for a variety of customer funded tasks, including both developmental efforts and those focused on product and service delivery for commercial AUV customers.
- Support the detailed planning and execution of projects, including: developing project scope and managing changes through the life of the project, identifying, tracking and managing project risks, generating and maintaining project schedules, manage deliverables, including routine status updates and final delivery of products and services to the customer.
- Interface with the internal Program Management (PM) and customer teams to provide technical and schedule performance updates related to project efforts.
- As required, support the internal PM and finance teams with budget tracking, reporting, and invoicing.
- Support the Sales and Business Development teams with new business capture, including: Serve as the “voice of the customer” for follow-on business capture efforts and activities related to commercial markets - both existing accounts and emerging markets, assist with proposal generation by providing budgetary estimates for new project scope.
- Support the Engineering team in the definition of high-level system design and architecture for future vehicle builds.
- Coordinate customer-funded field deployments by developing operational plans, identifying resources needed, and supporting mobilization logistics.
- Coordinate execution of in-field customer operations with 3rd party vendors and partners.
- Travel to support customer interactions (meetings, fielded product deployments & customer operations) 25-50% of the time.
- 5+ years of project management experience, specifically focused on advanced technologies. Experience with autonomous systems and renewable energy a plus
- Understanding of contract structure and reporting in the commercial (offshore energy, renewables) maritime space
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and concurrent projects. Anduril Maritime’s capabilities are in great demand and the PM must be able to coordinate a portfolio of multiple programs
- Experience and knowledge of marine technology and operations is desirable
- Ability to work on marine vessels and support the customer during operational missions
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with working in limited resource environments
- Comfortable with setting and achieving goals in a complex environment
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow
- STEM degree a plus
- Ability to travel 25 – 50% required
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?