Systems Engineer, C2 Mission Team
Seattle, WA, USA · Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Mission Engineering function is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our C2 team. C2 is the group at Anduril that focuses on building hardware and software solutions under the Menace family of systems, connecting sensors and data across all domains, to all forces, enabling and ensuring a scaled convergence of effects across a dynamic battle-space.
We operate at a global scale in order to achieve inter-service cooperation and bring machine-informed decision making to the forefront of all that we do. Our goal, across all teams, is to enable our customers to utilize all available capabilities in pursuance of their own mission goals. C2 is unique in that it impacts across all business lines at Anduril - and is a driver for adoption of new products and growth for the entire business.
We are working on cutting edge complex systems that must deliver critical capability on accelerated timelines to support our development and deployments tasks. We are looking for strong Systems Engineer to complement our Software, Hardware, and Business Development teams to select, integrate, test, and document vertically compelling solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will work closely with HW and SW lead engineers to guide the system development process from concept, development, production and fielding.
- You will develop artifacts based on program needs and work closely with functional areas to ensure work products are complete and accurate.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including internal reviews and external customer engagements to shape concepts of operations and functional requirements
- Translates customer requirements, constraints, and operational expectations into product designs.
- Develop system architecture definition and decomposition. Lead team through program milestone reviews.
- Perform multi-discipline requirements definition, develop functional/physical block diagrams and define interface requirements. Analyze vertical/horizontal requirements traceability.
- Performs trade studies and evaluates alternatives.
- Work with vendors and purchasing to evaluate and source system components like compute and networking to meet product requirements.
- Conducts technical risk and opportunity analysis and develops mitigation and capture plans.
- Physically configure and validate prototype systems and architectures.
- Develop a deep understanding of transformational value of Anduril Menace family of products through the creation and maintenance of systems engineering artifacts.
- Technical experience with configuring Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with virtualization environments like VMWare, Hyper-V, OpenShift.
- Network configuration experience with routers like Cisco, Juniper, OpenWRT, and SDN/SDWAN.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to include presentation of developed artifacts.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
Lattice for Command and Control accelerates complex kill chains by orchestrating machine-to-machine tasks at scales and speeds beyond human capacity. It enables men and women in uniform to move with machine speed, unparalleled confidence, and military-grade security by turning data into information, information into decisions, and decisions into actions across strategic operations. Come join our team to build and operationalize systems addressing critical national security challenges and revolutionizing the future of command and control.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?