Senior Technical Program Manager - Mission Autonomy
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
As a TPM, you will be responsible for ensuring mission success by owning the development and integration of Anduril’s autonomy and simulation products and technologies. These projects will be diverse in nature and require you to be organized and flexible to adapt to changing situations. On one project, you may be working with the customer to clarify how each of its mission requirements can be met through Anduril's core products, including the plan, scope and work required. In another situation, you may be acting as a hybrid product/project manager, crafting a vision with the customer, and leading a team of engineers to transform that vision into a tangible new product. During all this, you must be able to collaborate with both external and internal partners, communicate plans clearly to all parties, and lead teams towards success.
Success in this position also hinges on systems/engineering experience, or the ability to learn technical concepts- mainly software related- quickly. Digging into the details to understanding system dependencies, technical risks and the impact of key architectural decisions with the engineering team is a must. You will be expected to utilize your technical capability in conjunction with your program/project management skills to deliver the best outcome for Anduril and the customer.
What you’ll do
- Ownership: TPMs are owners; we’re looking for those who have a natural bias to assume responsibility, a healthy dose of skepticism, and contribute to a culture of performance. Lead the project from start to finish with the customer and the engineering team. Develop the technical path for success, identify engineering needs, and validate the projected product outcome with the customer. TPMs are empowered to quickly assume high levels of responsibility and entrust them to actively own their account and shape its success.
- Embed/Engage: Work side-by-side with our customers to understand their specific mission challenges and represent the customer as you work with Anduril engineers to shape products that solve critical national and international security challenges. Anduril engineers rely on TPMs to understand the lay of the land and bring a perspective that informs the product development process.
- Build/Orchestrate: Work with Anduril engineers to build the solution and/or pivot development as needed to meet client needs. Successfully developing our complex hardware and software products requires collaborating with nearly every internal Anduril team - engineering, product, logistics, finance, legal, contracting, technical operations, and many more. You’ll be responsible for ensuring each party is engaged and informed, and will therefore become well-versed in what it takes to really bring the best of Anduril to our customers.
- Plan: Develop, coordinate and communicate the path to success with both internal and external partners. Work with clients and engineers to build sprint plans, execution plans, milestones.
- Grow our business through customer success: In addition to the operational and executive relationships you own, you will be responsible for meeting commercial targets that drive top line growth. This requires establishing committed and trust-based partnerships with our customers to not only help them solve their immediate problems, but also to foresee future opportunities where Anduril’s technology can make them more effective. Understanding Anduril’s value proposition and articulating how we can have an impact on a customer’s problem set, from the executive level to the end user, is critical to positioning Anduril for the future.
- Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering or related field and a passion for autonomy
- Minimum 10 years of simulation and/or autonomy experience, specifically in technical project management and/or systems engineering, or related project management and/or systems engineering experience in a relevant industry
- Understanding of government contract structure and reporting
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?