Engineering Project Manager
Software Engineering, Operations
Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Anduril has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from "large" to "extra-large" vehicle sizes. Today, Anduril is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) AUV operations.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking an Engineering Project Manager to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage development efforts and the transition from research to delivery into the main product line, in conjunction with the Platform Engineering team
- Maintain requirements and support validation testing
- Manage budget and schedule for internal research and development efforts, working hand-in-hand with the Platform Engineering team to lead technology development efforts
- Manage risk and opportunities
- Manage Assets in use by the platform engineering team
- Document product roadmaps and help to sequence and plan efforts to onboard new capability
- Generate deployment plans for fielded assets
- Run design reviews, manage schedule and resources, and scope and manage subsystem requirements
- Develop, document and formalize processes
- Bachelor's Degree of Science in Engineering Field
- Demonstrated project management in Robotics, Consumer Products, Aerospace or Automotive Industry
- Advanced MS Excel, MS Project and/or JIRA (project management) skills
- Prior experience managing BOM and component need dates to accomplish company-wide goals
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience managing complete systems development
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Formal training in Project Management
- Defense industry experience (although if you don't have it - don't worry!)
- Experience with Production workflow management
- Experience in a volume production environment
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!