Technical Project Manager - Space
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The PM will serve as the primary capture lead and, upon successfully winning the contract, serve as the account manager for a series of upcoming Anduril responses to significant opportunities in Space C2 and ground infrastructure. These include potential responses to the FORGE C2 RFPP, EGS/GC3 Program replacement, ERM and Cross Mission Data opportunities. For each, the PM will lead development of proposal response, associated IRAD demonstrations, and the establishment of a winning teaming arrangement with industry and other partners. Work with government personnel to inform them of acquisition strategy options and implications vis-à-vis their goals
These efforts will be complex space C2 software development including the management of a large internal software development in conjunction with software deliverables from sub-contracted teammates. The program manager will need to draw on experience managing programs that span company-boundaries in an Agile development approach, preferably in the context of a continuous integration/continuous deployment paradigm. They will need deep experience proactively managing relationships with large government program offices to delight both the acquisition community and end users. We expect these programs will specify the use of several pre-existing government software capabilities which will need to be understood and appropriately leveraged within Anduril’s architecture
Anduril’s software development approach leverages a high degree of operator engagement to refine capabilities and accelerate delivery within program parameters. The program manager will work with the program engineering leadership to enable these operator interactions as well as continuously identify opportunities to accelerate our delivery ahead of program requirements. Working with the program engineering leadership, they will balance the trades between technical performance, delivery schedule, and billed + IRAD costs.
- Experience leading contractor/FFRDC/UARC delivery of medium to large ($10M+) US Government software acquisitions, whether MDAP, OTA, etc.
- Familiarity and experience working with materiel leadership in SSC, SpRCO, SDA, MDA, etc
- Understanding of the recent/current programmatic state of key USSF software and ground system acquisitions, such as EGS, GC3, Themis, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to make strategic program trades to achieve schedule/cost/performance objectives
- Driven, autonomous, hungry, and passionate about your work. Desire to be a part of a team and work with stakeholders across different functional domains
- Strong business communication skills, providing the ability to deliver critical briefings and conclusions to technical leadership, company leadership, and customers
- Demonstrated understanding of the roles of adjacent business functions (HR, legal, contracts, product, purchasing, etc.) and how to effectively leverage those organizations in winning and executing contracts
- Working understanding of the Space Domain competitive landscape
- Must hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance with SSBI
- Track record of establishing and managing teaming arrangements across sub-contractors
- A track record of delivering government contracts on-time, on-budget
$160,000 - $282,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?