Systems Engineer - Space
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
You will serve as the primary technical lead and, upon successfully winning the contract, continue as the account technical lead for a series of upcoming Anduril responses to significant opportunities in Space C2 and ground infrastructure. The Systems Engineer will develop a technical strategy and roadmap in conjunction with the PM and senior SW engineer that effectively leverages current contract SW development activities, Space Services IRAD, and potential teaming arrangements to deliver differentiated capabilities. This role will address pre-award demonstrations, early contract phases, and full-contract execution. The Systems Engineer, working with the software development team, will ensure the efficient delivery of all technical CDRLs and documentation for the contract.
These efforts will be complex space C2 software development including the management of a large internal software development in conjunction with software deliverables from sub-contracted teammates. The systems engineer will need to facilitate effective technical development and integration that spans company-boundaries in an Agile development approach in the context of a continuous integration/continuous deployment paradigm. They will need to balance development of new capabilities with the incorporation of several pre-existing government software capabilities which will need to be understood and appropriately leveraged within Anduril’s architecture
Anduril’s software development approach leverages a high degree of operator engagement to refine capabilities and accelerate delivery within program parameters. The systems engineer will lead development of technical capabilities in advance of these operator interactions as well as continuously identify opportunities to accelerate our delivery ahead of program requirements. Working with the program management, they will perform technical analysis to inform trades between technical performance, delivery schedule, and billed + IRAD costs.
- Technical experience leading contractor/FFRDC/UARC delivery of medium to large ($10M+) US Government software acquisitions, whether MDAP, OTA, etc.
- Experience in architecting, developing, and delivering defense/IC satellite and space ground system software and IT infrastructure
- Understanding of the recent/current technical state of key USSF software and ground system acquisitions, such as EGS, GC3, Themis, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to decompose complex systems with competing objectives (e.g., performance, schedule, openness, cybersecurity, MLS) into executable requirements and execution then delivering on those to meet government expectations
- Experience running complex software development efforts, including use of Agile software development methods
- Experience with DoD RMF framework and demonstrated track record of delivering technical solutions that obtain DoD or IC Authorization to Operate
- Driven, autonomous, hungry, and passionate about your work. Desire to be a part of a team and work with stakeholders across different functional domains
- Strong technical communication skills, providing the ability to deliver critical technical briefings and conclusions to technical leadership, company leadership, and customers
- Strong technical fundamentals in space systems, space ground infrastructure, and software development
- Must hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance with a SSBI
$160,000 - $282,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?