Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defence.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Mechatronics Engineer to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own hardware from concept generation to real world use.
- Design, prototype, test, and implement complex electro-mechanisms for use on extra-large unmanned underwater vehicles (XLUUVs).
- Conceptualize vehicle functions and layout for critical components.
- Investigate and design test fixtures and demonstration platforms to enable parallel and rapid development.
- Identify specifications for actuation systems, including motor/actuator selection, transmission design, and integration support.
- Perform conceptual layout and arrangement of complex electro-mechanical systems within the body and constraints of the platform.
- Support critical hardware demonstrations with customers as needed.
- Travel to test sites as needed.
- Experience in an immersive technical project (collegiate project teams or professional settings).
- 3+ years of mechanical or mechatronics engineering experience in a professional setting.
- CAD skills (any platform) and ability to make high quality engineering drawings that meet common industry standards.
- Demonstrated hands-on fabrication skills.
- High competence with, and fluid use of, engineering first principles.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or Mechatronics.
- Ability to hold an Australian NV2 Security clearance is required for this position.
- Experience in SolidWorks/Teamcenter.
- Experience working with subsea mechanical systems with a thorough understanding of the ocean environment including the effects of exposure to seawater, pressure, and temperature.
- Ability to integrate electronic components into mechanical designs (motors, controllers, sensors etc.).
- Experience with machining, sheet metal, injection molding, and 3D printing.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?