Technical Program Manager, Space
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Mission Operations (MOPs) team is responsible for managing the execution, growth, and success of our customer accounts. Working across product, engineering, sales, and logistics teams, our Mission Operations Engineers own the customer relationships and develop, plan, and deploy Anduril products in support of their missions. They work side-by-side with customers to understand their specific problem sets and then shape Anduril’s offerings alongside our engineering teams to fit the mission needs. Because the problems we solve are uniquely challenging, our Mission Operations Engineers naturally gravitate toward finding solutions and are adept at navigating organizational hurdles. They are ultimately responsible for customer and mission success and therefore play a critical role in the shaping and future of Anduril Industries.
Anduril’s Space team is focused on leveraging the company’s core capabilities across software, autonomy, and C2 architecture to solve operational challenges for USSF and other Space partners across the DoD and IC. We work with mission partners and operators to deploy reliable and robust capabilities on operationally-relevant fielding timelines to meet the complex challenges of our partners.
The PM will serve as the primary capture lead and, upon successfully winning the contract, serve as the account manager for a series of upcoming Anduril responses to significant opportunities in Space C2 and ground infrastructure. These include potential responses to the FORGE C2 RFPP, EGS/GC3 Program replacement, ERM and Cross Mission Data opportunities. For each, the PM will lead development of proposal response, associated IRAD demonstrations, and the establishment of a winning teaming arrangement with industry and other partners. Work with government personnel to inform them of acquisition strategy options and implications vis-à-vis their goals
These efforts will be complex space C2 software development including the management of a large internal software development in conjunction with software deliverables from sub-contracted teammates. The program manager will need to draw on experience managing programs that span company-boundaries in an Agile development approach, preferably in the context of a continuous integration/continuous deployment paradigm. They will need deep experience proactively managing relationships with large government program offices to delight both the acquisition community and end users. We expect these programs will specify the use of several pre-existing government software capabilities which will need to be understood and appropriately leveraged within Anduril’s architecture
Anduril’s software development approach leverages a high degree of operator engagement to refine capabilities and accelerate delivery within program parameters. The program manager will work with the program engineering leadership to enable these operator interactions as well as continuously identify opportunities to accelerate our delivery ahead of program requirements. Working with the program engineering leadership, they will balance the trades between technical performance, delivery schedule, and billed + IRAD costs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Mission execution: Do whatever it takes to achieve mission success for Anduril and our customers. Meticulous and detailed-oriented, you will manage every step of the fielding process for our newest capabilities. No job is too small. You capture every learning point and bake them into operational processes for future deployments. You consistently demonstrate extraordinary judgement, grit, and composure in high pressure situations. You anticipate every contingency, build lightweight processes, soberly assess and mitigate risk, and deliberately learn from your experiences to continuously improve.
- Relationship management: Build trust with Anduril teammates, vendors, partners, potential customers and users through effective communication, positive attitude, and follow-through. You are able to brief customers on emerging capabilities and represent Anduril to senior leaders. Anduril is a lean, agile, engineering-first organization. You must be able to develop relationships across the company to operate effectively. You will deeply understand product development priorities and business development opportunities, and frame trade-offs to engineering and sales decision makers. You must effectively communicate risks and expectations to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Mission expertise: You will develop a deep understanding of mission requirements for Anduril’s operational space customers. You must proactively communicate this understanding to Anduril engineers so they can continue to enhance new technologies to support evolving mission needs and product fit.
- Product expertise: You will develop a complete understanding of the capabilities and limitations of Anduril’s product portfolio, as well as a specific set of new technologies on the bleeding edge of development. In this role, you will work with engineers to connect the evolving product theses with the mission and customer requirements, taking an expansive view and developing data-backed opinions on product direction.
- Space, Defense, or USG National Security sector background strongly preferred
- Proven experience delivering technology to government organizations or large commercial institutions
- Proven experience leading a technical team of peers to field hardware or software products to real operating environments
- 2+ years work experience in a technology company or as a part of a technical implementation team
- Can travel 50% of the year
- Ability to hold and maintain a US DoD S/TS security clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?