Product Security Engineer (Linux Systems)
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We're seeking an product security engineer to develop novel security tooling, discover vulnerabilities, and ultimately secure our suite of advanced technologies including artificial intelligence systems, command and control platforms, aerospace vehicles, and long range sensors.
The ideal candidate has a background in software or systems engineering with a focus on platform security, or has pivoted to a product or application security role. They will be able to conduct complex security architecture reviews, research and mitigate exploits against hardware and software, and work with other engineering teams to build resiliency into our products.
- Owns the development and maturation of Linux-focused security tooling
- Collaborates and builds solutions with engineering teams to meet and exceed industry-standard security goals
- Simulates attacks against Anduril’s products and integrated components to uncover potential weaknesses
- Collaborates with manufacturing and operations teams to develop secure handling and operational processes
- Engages with teams to remediate uncovered weakness in designs, implementations, integrations, and processes
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Golang, Python, Rust)
- Interest and willingness to work with NixOS
- Experience developing features for and improving security of firmware, applications, network, or embedded systems
- Experience building, testing, and delivering production-ready software or systems, especially in a Linux environment
- Strong and professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Excels at the above listed Requirements
- Familiarity with security architectures of ground, aerospace, or cyber-physical systems
- Experience with NixOS
- Familiarity with anti-tamper and anti-reverse engineering mechanisms
- Experience conducting automated analysis of software and systems with various scanning tools
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?