Quality Manager, Maritime
Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Founded in 2018 by a group of experts in the AUV industry, Anduril has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from “large” to “extra-large” vehicle sizes. Today, Anduril is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts for the US Navy and DARPA while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) commercial surveys. Anduril is a well-funded, venture-backed team with over 100-years of combined AUV experience from organizations such as Liquid Robotics, Teledyne, Bluefin Robotics, Oceaneering, the US Navy, and more.
Anduril’s Quality organization is seeking a Quality Manager to join our team. The Quality team works with our customers, internal teams, and suppliers to ensure the deployment of reliable products that meet all mission requirements. We develop cutting-edge Quality processes and methods to secure scalable, long-term business success.
As a Quality Manager, you will work inside and outside the organization to define and execute processes that deliver reliable products. The right person for this role has knowledge of manufacturing, product development, and continuous improvement. If you are someone who loves to build world-class Quality processes, work hands-on, and be accountable for results, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'll DO:
- Own supplier and manufacturing quality to improve yields and reliability across the product lifecycle
- Implement and own an incoming inspection program
- Work to implement corrective and preventative actions in response to non-conformances
- Contribute to the evaluation, selection, and qualification of key suppliers
- Build out a Quality Management System with a path to AS9100 certification.
- Author / maintain SOPs and ensure business compliance
- Lead investigations, initiatives, and projects to find root cause and implement counter-measures
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a data-driven approach to evaluating and tracking product reliability
- Oversee the internal tracking tools for supplier incoming, manufacturing in-process, and field quality issues
- Own and improve key performance indicators (KPIs) for Quality across the manufacturing org
- Carry out containment, audit, and disposition actions of any quality “escapes” or defective material
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field
- 5+ years of relevant experience working with OEM suppliers and manufacturing operations building complex hardware/software systems
- Experience working in a ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 regulated environment
- Working knowledge of product development methodologies such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Change Management, and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Hands on experience using mechanical and electrical metrology tools/instruments
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical design and relevant manufacturing processes.
- Experience in engineering, manufacturing, or quality within the aerospace/defense, automotive, or medical device fields
- A strong ownership mindset with demonstrated capability to drive projects from start to finish
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- Experience as an auditor for AS9100 or other ISO 9001-based QMS standard (e.g., ISO 13485, IATF 16949).
- Experience with low volume manufacturing
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?