Electrical Power Systems Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defence.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking an ElectricalPower Systems Engineer to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design and integration efforts.
- Work with local suppliers and Anduril engineers to design, prototype, test, and produce next-generation subsea power storage systems
- Analyze conceptual power architectures, including energy sources, converters, and other components and perform trade studies across a variety of possible energy solutions.
- Design fast-charge systems for subsea power storage systems and enable rapid mission turnaround times
- Lay out system design plans and interfaces for new AUV products and platforms.
- Draft and develop system performance metrics for onboard energy system, including development of advanced power simulation and modeling within an overall system simulation environment.
- Develop interface controls for partners and customers to use for hardware, software, and electrical integration of complex and unique payloads with the ANDURIL AUVs.
- Design, plan, and execute a design verification test program, and lead integration efforts for integration of new power systems (sources, conversions, cabling, monitoring systems, etc.) onto existing vehicle platforms.
- Support build and benchtop testing of new vehicle systems.
- Identify common power interfaces with AUV and research future power technologies and capabilities for integration into next-gen AUV energy systems.
- Conduct hands-on, offshore AUV testing when required (typically single day trips with occasional multi-day deployments).
- Travel and offshore operations approximately 25% of the time.
- A passion for systems development, integration, and testing.
- Strong conceptual understanding of power storage and regeneration concepts as well as modern and emerging storage technologies
- 5+ years experience in systems engineering, and integration and testing.
- 3+ years designing and/or testing energy storage systems
- Hands-on build and prototyping of complex robotic systems.
- Knowledge of electronics troubleshooting and ability to use basic test equipment.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NV2 Security Clearance.
- Extensive knowledge of lithium chemistries, and experience in safe-handling and storage/use of lithium based cells
- Familiarity with battery safety certification programs such as NAVSEA9310
- Modeling and simulation of complex integrated power systems.
- Experience with regenerative systems for energy harvesting.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?