Systems Quality Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 7, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Quality organization is seeking a Systems Quality Engineer to join our team. The Quality team works with our customers, internal teams, and suppliers to ensure the deployment of reliable products that meet all mission requirements. We develop cutting-edge Quality processes and methods to secure scalable, long-term business success.
As a Systems Quality Engineer you will work inside and outside the organization to define and execute scalable processes that deliver reliable products. The right person for this role has extensive knowledge in Quality Management System (QMS) standards, data analysis, and continuous improvement. If you are someone who loves to build world-class Quality processes, work hands-on, and be accountable for results, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage the execution of the QMS and its top-level processes. Define and improve required documentation and activities. Work across the organization to define and execute requirements.
- Integrate acquisitions and new sites into the scope of the QMS.
- Some overnight domestic and international travel is required to visit other sites (10%)
- Communicate with external interested parties.
- Define and manage the execution of various Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including data collection and analysis.
- Manage the QMS internal auditor process and participate as an internal auditor.
- Facilitate calibration activities across the company.
- Identify and implement cutting-edge practices that improve the QMS and product quality.
- Support investigations, initiatives, and projects as needed, at the team or organization level.
- Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years of experience in hardware manufacturing
- Expert knowledge of QMS requirements and auditing in a complex hardware environment, in one or more of the following QMS standards: ISO 9001:2015, AS9100D, AS9110C, AS9120B, IATF 16949:2016, ISO 13485:2016, TL 9000 R6.3.
- Working knowledge of design and manufacturing processes, including Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and Business Intelligence (BI) systems.
- Experience communicating with all levels of an industrial organization and external parties.
- A strong ownership mindset with demonstrated capability to drive projects from start to completion.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- AAB certification as an AS9100 aerospace auditor.
- One or more American Society for Quality (ASQ) certifications: CQE, CRE, CMQ/OE, CMDA, CQA
- Experience with low volume manufacturing.
- International experience.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?