Mission Systems Engineering Lead
Washington, DC, USA · Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 9, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Mission Systems Integration (MSI) team is seeking a Mission Systems Engineering Lead to join our team. The MSI team is responsible for developing end-to-end “mission-ized” autonomous systems at Anduril capable of delivering exceptional warfighter outcomes to our customers across a broad range of domains and concepts of operation.
As Mission Systems Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for delivering mission outcomes within Anduril programs through the judicious selection, sourcing and validation of mission relevant payloads and systems. The right person for this role will have experience in payload conceptual development, selection, validation and integration. You will begin with mission-level outcomes and drive to solutions through appropriate modeling, domain expertise and vendor engagement. If you are someone who enjoys building and delivering compelling next-generation autonomous capabilities through rigorous modeling and exploration of system trades followed by actual vehicle integration, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conduct sensing system trades to deliver successful mission outcomes working closely with the broader MSI team
- Architect autonomous multi-spectral sensing and system solution concepts, requirements, layout, interfaces & employment
- Adapt or derive physics-based models of sensor system performance working closely with subject matter experts
- Adapt or develop validated effects-based models for use in mission-level modeling & simulation tools
- Validate system performance in close cooperation with test & integration engineers
- Work closely with MSI teams to successfully integrate & deliver high performance systems to our customers
- Communicate results in multiple forms internally and externally
- Must hold and maintain an active Top Security Clearance
- Sensor/effector domain expertise in one or more of Radar, EOIR, RF and EW systems
- Physics-based modeling and analysis of system performance in tool(s) of your choice
- 3+ years in payload integration or validation. More the better.
- 5+ years in relevant Science and/or engineering related field
- Knowledge of current and next-generation advanced sensing systems and platforms
- Platform level system trade and integration experience
- Advanced proficiency in a analytical toolchains or languages (e.g., MATLAB, Python, C++, COMSOL, Ansys)
- Advanced sensing domain experience (e.g., EOIR, ESM, EA, EW, LIDAR)
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?